shrooms and breast

Discussion in 'Just Good Food' started by 90acres, Apr 18, 2006.

1. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Found 4 morels Sunday and had them and fresh turkey breast for dinner last night. YUM YUM

Thank goodness for youth turkey season.

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    90acres well ya know how ta get my attention.:eek:

Jack:rotfl:

3. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Sounds like a great meal to me.....

I found 3 shrooms on Sunday and ate them as fast as I could get from the truck to the stove and cook them. :D

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Excellent........:cheers:

5. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I found 5 greys Sunday morning and let them soak all day then ate them Sunday night. Going to look again this evening.

No Wild Turk left though... About a week to remedy that.

6. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Got over a gallon of grays in my fridge right now. Going to start eating on them tonight. Can't wait to have fresh turkey breast next week to go with them.

7. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Well if ya'll like that food, come to the campout...

8. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Everyone's 'biting' on this thread, huh! :D

90! You lucky dog! ;)

Parker

9. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Central MO
    Yes Jack, got my attention to. I sure like them breasts, turkey breasts that is. Them mushrooms ain't bad either.

10. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    A couple of my favorite things! :eek:

11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    My football/track coach found a bunch this weekend...

And he brought me in some fried to try!!
    :cheers::cheers:

It was the first time for me to try them---and they were GOOD!

12. 10pointer

10pointer Senior Member

Nov 10, 2003
    St.Charles CO
    me and my cuz and buddy went up northern missouri yesterday to scout for turkeys, fish and look for shrooms.

We found about 300 grays up there, even though it seems they are just starting. We'd just go to the same spots that produce every year and got the early shrooms this year up there. We are going up next week so it ought to be good to go. Many of the hotspots didnt have anything yet and we only got shrooms from 5% of the hotspots i'd say. Caught about 100 bass yesterday and kept a few to make a nice dinner with morels when we got back last night.....one word....DELICIOUS!:cheers:

I went out tonight after work to a local hot spot and found about 50 nice big grays and yellows in about 45 minutes before it started getting dark. It was the first sighting of the year in areas i just checked easter morning. This rain and severe weather here in the eastern part of the state tonight should really help out alot.

I havent found much on hillsides, but mostly on bottoms near elms dying and not dying.

my advice is to check the most unlikely areas in the cities (get permission) and those local areas can be goldmines in morels!

Good luck everybody!

:banana:

13. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Lefty!!!!!!!!

I live right around the corner from you and you didn't think of stopping by and sharing with me?!?!?!

Dang kids...

And 10 pointer....you live in O'Fallon and went to a "local hotspot"......need any help? ;)