Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the shrink fletch with blazer vanes??? I refletched 6 arrows with it last night...watched the dvd and followed the instructions it went on perfect...havnt shot them yet though. I hope the Whisker biscuit dosnt tear them up.

·
Senior Hunter
3,307 Posts
Yep I bought the stuff because my whisker biscuit was tearing off my blazers. The shrink fletch was so easy a child could do it. Also you can run a razor down them and they come right off. My arrows seem to shoot fine.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Good to know, I am wanting to do a set of 6 in the shrink fletch and was a bit skeptical

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it went on really easy...just dip the real slow at an angle and you can watch the wrap shrink down and the wrinkles come out...I also kept my broadheads on and lined the fletches up with the blades..pretty slick...now i just need to shoot

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Let me know how they do for you. I've always been told to stay away from them unless you are in a pinch. I have always went with a normal wrap and blazers. The wraps make the blazer's stick to the shaft very well.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
hint for gettin the blazers to stick to shafts: use sandpaper and scratch the surface up real well, then use 90% isopropyl alchohol to clean and let dry. then use the pine ridge or whatever its called glue. ive fletched a million blazers with that setup and never had one just come off. honestly.

bout the shrink fletch: my buddy went to them in the middle of the season and so far he loves them, like stated above, its so easy cummins or pinwheel could do it

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Originally posted by Lungbuster44
hint for gettin the blazers to stick to shafts: use sandpaper and scratch the surface up real well, then use 90% isopropyl alchohol to clean and let dry. then use the pine ridge or whatever its called glue. ive fletched a million blazers with that setup and never had one just come off. honestly.

bout the shrink fletch: my buddy went to them in the middle of the season and so far he loves them, like stated above, its so easy cummins or pinwheel could do it
Glad to hear they work for your buddies. I might have to get some and try it just for the heck of it. Hard to beat good ol blazers though when you are shooting a biscuit. :D

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
I've used them for the last couple of years and the work great. No problems at all.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Like lungbuster said Pine ridge glue and sand the fletch and shaft I have never had one fall off, everI haven't tried the shrink fletch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts