Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep...back in early April, the morel hunting at CFP's was slow, but I managed to show her and TBQ a thing or two about catching pet fish....

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
Good sized fish there caf4. How is CFP doing? Haven't seen her posting much lately. Just waiting to hear from her. Tell her all the guys and gals from MWT says Howdy.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She just sent me these pics and I let her know that I had "posted" them.....I would expect her "commentary" anytime now.... :pop:

Beth did teach me an excellent way to handle these critters and it sure did work.....

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
Whack him once for me. Good to hear from you CFP. Just how do you hold them catfish the correct way? I usually grab them from the top of the head with the spiked fin between my fingers......well unless the dern thing is to big across the head to grab.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stick your fingers inside the gills....nice and smooth in there and your hands and fingers are away from all those stingy thingy's....and....they tend to squirm around a lot less when grabbed there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know that I told you to do it that way, but it's probably not the best way for the fish. That was the quickest way to tell you how to handle it. Plus, if the fish is big enough I have had them clamp down pretty hard on my fingers with their gills!!! If I were going to fish for the giant farm pond ones the best way would be to have a heavy duty glove and grab them by the mouth. They'd still clamp but you probably wouldn't bleed. If I plan on grabbing them like in the photo of my nephew I usually try to grab them by the belly and situate my hands around those monstrous prickly fins!!! THOSE HURT!!!:eek::eek::whinging::whinging:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Nice pet fish you got there CFP. Wish you and Caf4 would have been at the campout.....It would have been nice to hear some "real" fishing stories

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.