Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall I seeded foodplots with turnips and clover. Checked out food plots yesterday - the clover is coming up very well in patches ( I think my seed distribution was pretty poor), but the turnips are going nuts. Should I mow the turnips to benefit the clover, or should I leave the turnips? They didn't seem very interested in the turnips until sometime after season last year. I'm thinking that a good clover stand will be better than essentially volunteer turnips. What do you think?

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I would to let the clover have more sun and less competition
I have the same thing in a little plot the clover is coming good I just didnt have time to mow it this week-end or I
would have mowed mine. plus didnt want to buger up my turkey spot. Does it look something like this

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, except the turnips are really tall, and seem to be flowering. At first, I thought it was weeds. But I looked closer, and it had turnip-like leaves, and was growing a turnip like tuber or root underneath. I think I'll mow it.

We need more rain though.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Mow 'em down...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.