Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, I had prety much considered duck season 2008 to be done, over, here and gone....but then I get a phone call from one of my wifes techs from work. (the guy that took me snow goose hunting last year). he tells me they have been just hammering the botht he ducks and canadas lately and asked if I wanted to come down and do a south zone hunt next weekend. Well, durrr, of course. Problem is, I have a nack for driving birds out fo the area, sure things turn into "I just dont know where the birds are today"....
so should I feel bad that I may be driving the birds out of his area?
ehh, might as well try, I think the curse is slowly starting to lift, most people have beginners luck, not me, I have beginners unluck, so hopefully I can get past that and shoot some birds.:sniper:
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,796 Posts
yes, you must be cursed....whats his exact location, and the times he WONT be there ?:thinking:

i'm dyeing my hair darker brown, as we speak:whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,727 Posts
no not there that old they fall out:hysterical:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by GoGop
Originally posted by knockemdeadd

i'm dyeing my hair darker brown, as we speak:whistle:
Both of them? :stirpot::whistle:

BTW - When TJ hunts with me, he kills ducks. :2thumbsup:
I think my curse is lifting. Heck I even got into a mess of dove this year. Not to bad of luck seeing geese, even though they tend to be ninja geese...but I cant blaim that on it.:thinking:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,730 Posts
when do we leave?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,698 Posts
Go ahead and go, but make sure you push the birds over to the sw part of the state, Branson Tril-lakes area to be a little more specific.

Thanks :cheers:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by swmo
Go ahead and go, but make sure you push the birds over to the sw part of the state, Branson Tril-lakes area to be a little more specific.

Thanks :cheers:.
I am going to the SW part of the state....around Lamar:scared:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,673 Posts
Good Luck with that, we were hunting about 15 minutes from lamar and seen a bunch of birds but none of them wanted to work, ie "old birds".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,011 Posts
i mean this with all due respect, and i do mean all do respect, stay in your own zone topwater.:rof2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by wingmaninmo
i mean this with all due respect, and i do mean all do respect, stay in your own zone topwater.:rof2:
:rof2::blah::blah::blah::blah:
 

·
King of Callaway
Joined
·
42,631 Posts
Good Luck TJ, hope ya don't mess up da Reb and Wing man :hysterical:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really do think my beginners unluck is finally lifting...
last year I went on 2 sure things, one time I saw all of 2 birds the whole morning. and the other time, we got into some, but late in the day.

this year I have been on a couple probably not gonna see much, and ended up watchin a decent number:rock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,011 Posts
Originally posted by tjmstng68
I really do think my beginners unluck is finally lifting...
last year I went on 2 sure things, one time I saw all of 2 birds the whole morning. and the other time, we got into some, but late in the day.

this year I have been on a couple probably not gonna see much, and ended up watchin a decent number:rock:
1st lesson, with waterfowl, there is never a sure thing. that one was free, if it requires more it's gonna cost ya.:rof2:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top