Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know your not to have a Firearm while your Archery Hunting.But I'm thinking of going camping Bow Hunt and Firearm Hunt.

Should I be ok if the Firearm is in Camp?

oneshot

:DThe Big Grin just has a Pea Shooter.

·
5,632 Posts
I hope so. I'm planning on doing the same thing.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
what if your just tree rat hunting couldn't you carry them both,i mean i have NO INTENTION IN DOING SO.but it is a open season and you are allowed to use bow for tree rats.find out for us one shot:D

·
5,632 Posts
I believe that, for once, DSG is right. I know, I said it. Sorry. :boohoo:

:hysterical::hysterical:

·
Under appreciated
91,782 Posts
No, absolutely not.

If you are bowhunting, you not only can NOT have a firearm in camp, you actually cant even say "firearm" or "handgun"..

rules is rules..

·
Registered
70,341 Posts
You can't be serious.......I always have a weapon in my camp just for protection from the drunks driving from the bar in town to their home. You never know who might just stop by. I think you are mistaken Rat on that ruling. That would mean that these guys on TV that bow hunt one day and rifle hunt the next are illegal......... right? They got a rifle and a bow in camp....together. :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Different rules on high fence mailman :rotfl:...j/k

I don't think having one in camp would matter....just don't pack both, and don't have a high caliber...good luck explaining that one

·
Registered
786 Posts
"Archers hunting deer or turkey during the archery season may not be in POSSESSION of a firearm."

I understand this to mean no gun in the woods with me or in my deer stand. To have one back at the truck or in camp is not a violation. It would be no different than bow hunting my back yard; my guns are a few feet away in the house----------perfectly legal as long as I don't take one out with my bow.
This rule is for deer and turkey season only. If a hunter is squirrel hunting only and not deer or turkey hunting, he can hunt squirrels by any legal method which includes bow and gun and so could carry both. :cheers:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Originally posted by deer-hunter
"Archers hunting deer or turkey during the archery season may not be in POSSESSION of a firearm."

I understand this to mean no gun in the woods with me or in my deer stand. To have one back at the truck or in camp is not a violation. It would be no different than bow hunting my back yard; my guns are a few feet away in the house----------perfectly legal as long as I don't take one out with my bow.
This rule is for deer and turkey season only. If a hunter is squirrel hunting only and not deer or turkey hunting, he can hunt squirrels by any legal method which includes bow and gun and so could carry both. :cheers:
If you're walkin' around with a grunt tube hangin' from your neck and smellin' like doe pee, you might have some 'splainin' to do though. :D

·
Under appreciated
91,782 Posts
Originally posted by Mailman
You can't be serious.......I always have a weapon in my camp just for protection from the drunks driving from the bar in town to their home. You never know who might just stop by. I think you are mistaken Rat on that ruling. That would mean that these guys on TV that bow hunt one day and rifle hunt the next are illegal......... right? They got a rifle and a bow in camp....together. :eek::eek::eek:
I stand corrected..

Although, if you read my post, I'm sure you might be able to tell I was being a bit sarcastic :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Droptine

"But officer I AM squirrel huntin'. After all when I'm in my deer stand the squirrels flock to me so I figured doe pee and grunt calls were natural squirrel attractants!":rotfl::rotfl::cheers:

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,897 Posts
Originally posted by deer-hunter
"But officer I AM squirrel huntin'. After all when I'm in my deer stand the squirrels flock to me so I figured doe pee and grunt calls were natural squirrel attractants!":rotfl::rotfl::cheers:
Aint that the truth though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.