Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took off up behind the house to check a trail cam set up over a snowy well used deer trail. the trail is only about 100 yards from the house so i didnt really expect to get any pics except for in the middle of the night. got about 10 yards into the woods and see a deer digging around in the leaves about 60 yards away. figuring..i aint got nothing to lose, lets see how close i can get. wind was in my face, quiet powdery snow on the ground...and i just happened to have my camo pants and jacket on. so, slowly i start taking steps towards the deer...when all was said and done, 15 minutes later, i was standing 20 yards from that doe. i even had to go through the motions as if i was drawing my bow back, just to see if i would have gotten away with it...and sure enough, i did.
oh well....looks like i know where i'll be tomorrow, hoping to end this 18yr dry spell.

to be continued.........tomorrow

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Good luck. I hate when that happens!

BTH

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1545228&tid=107595&author=T Mall]Oh wells.:shrug: Do you have bad luck with a bow? 18yr dryspell. Or just dont get out enough?[/rquote]

just bad luck...and lost of it. i get out plenty.

20....nothing worth writing home about. a few big does, a few yearling does. i'm not after any antlers a this point in the game...one more deer in the freezer would be nice, 2 more would be absolutely great

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1545247&tid=107595&author=Jeremy][rquote=1545228&tid=107595&author=T Mall]Oh wells.:shrug: Do you have bad luck with a bow? 18yr dryspell. Or just dont get out enough?[/rquote]

just bad luck...and lost of it. i get out plenty.

20....nothing worth writing home about. a few big does, a few yearling does. i'm not after any antlers a this point in the game...one more deer in the freezer would be nice, 2 more would be absolutely great[/rquote]

good luck, I am after one more slickhead and if a nice buck saunters by ..well that would work as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yep, had it happen to me also, just after bow season started, Saw 5 turkeys, and big buck, just got a glimps of his antlers and he was gone, what was bad is that I had just come down that path not 15 min before that. I am pretty sure its the buck that I took two days before rifle season started, so he didnt get away. :)

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gonna go put the card and new batteries in the cam..gonna take my bow this time:D probably wont see anything though..with my luck

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you took the time to post that wonderful and helpful reply. You are awarded no points and may god have mercy on your soul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.