Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a problem with the new Benelli 20ga...No matter what choke, load combination....it's shooting almost a full pattern to the left...We tried the bro in laws twin to this gun, with all my chokes, and it shoots dead on...I talked to the guy at our gunshop, and he said he would send it back in to Benelli...Anyone ever heard of such a thing? Bro in law is going to loan my daughter his 20, so she's ok there, but for what that gun costs, it should shoot straight....I blame it on my luck!!!

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
That's pretty common with all brands of shotguns, the barrel is bent somewhat. A Really good gunsmith can fix it, but since it's new, I'd send it back to Benelli and have them look at it. I don't know if you've ever messed with one much, but the barrels aren't the same grade of steel that a rifle barrel is, and are a lot softer steel. I've seen a lot of shotguns that don't shoot anywhere near point of aim, it happens. It's worse when you spend a lot of money on one, and that happens, but it happens with cheap or costly guns. My nephew had a 20 gauge H&R single barrel that shot 2 feet high at 20 yards, my cousin had a Winchester 1400 that shot 3 feet low..... I had one, too, and it was way off (1400). Never liked Winchester shotguns after that one.....

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I shoot a winchester 1400 occassionally for birds and it's the best shooting quail gun i've ever pulled the trigger on....guess it goes to show that no two are alike!

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
One of the best shooting shotguns I ever had was a winchester 1300xtr. The worst shotgun I ever had was 3 different browings. All were belgium made auto-5's. One shot high, one scattered the load within 10 feet, and the other hung up and cost me a monster buck. My brother in law carried it out of the woods where I threw it. Needless to say I won't own another browning.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Of course I'm also voting for getting it fixed, but if it was off just a little, and I was just going to use it for turkey hunting, I'd put a Tru-Glo type ajustable turkey sight on it and fix the problem that way.

Parker

·
5,632 Posts
I'd give it to me. Since, obviously, it doesn't shoot worth a crap....I'll give you HALF what you paid.:hysterical:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Parker
Of course I'm also voting for getting it fixed, but if it was off just a little, and I was just going to use it for turkey hunting, I'd put a Tru-Glo type ajustable turkey sight on it and fix the problem that way.

Parker
I thought the same thing Parker, would scope it to move point of impact...but hard to designate a 900 dolla shotgun just for turkeys!!! I'm plannin on killin some fast flyin targets with it....dove, quail, pheasant!!! I sent it back to Italy, let them send me a new one!!!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by jmmcguire
I'd give it to me. Since, obviously, it doesn't shoot worth a crap....I'll give you HALF what you paid.:hysterical:
Don't you have sumptin to be doin.....lol....that was the gun I was gonna loan ya when you came up to hunt, so's you'd miss since you are on a different team!!!!!!!!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
It'll screw you up trying to shoot dove with that sucka...

Send it back, sorry to say, and demand some satisfaction!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by rat
It'll screw you up trying to shoot dove with that sucka...

Send it back, sorry to say, and demand some satisfaction!
Done done it, Rat!!! Sure is disheartening though...Oh well, just my luck I spose!!!

·
Original Cafe'Member
1,723 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I guess thats why they make those uneven chokes to compensate for that problem .:sniper:

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
You done good Fireman.. for that kindof investment, I wouldnt settle for less than "happy happy happy".. keep us posted will ya? :pop:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will do Rat...I'm bettin it'll be a few weeks, but I'll shoot it immediately, and let ya know...

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Just found out my 12 ga Nef shoots a foot low and 6inches to the right last weekend,its 2 years old,guess that mossbergs gonna get a new home soon i had my eye on ,dont know if i am sad or happy:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.