Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to give my impression on a few bows I shot today.

Elite Energy, great first impression, fast and smooth kinda like a Bowtech, a bit on the heavy side, and not very well balanced.

PSE Diablo, nice bow, tried to follow the arrow down range though.

AR 35 was really impressed, quiet and not alot of hand shock.

Ross 334, loved this one, except didn't care for the draw cycle. Kinda harsh in the middle of the draw cycle. Thought it would be smoother.

Hoyt Trykon XL, also a nice bow, only thing was it's a Hoyt and for some reason Hoyt bows and I don't get along. It was whisper quiet and no hand shock. Just didn't feel right.

Anyone else have opinons on these or others. I find it interesting to get others views on what they like and dislike about bows they have shot.

BTW I still love my Bowtechs, too bad their limbs are :toilet:

BTH

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Where you shootem at???

All good bows....comparin bows is kinda like comparin Chevy Vs. Ford Vs. Dodge.....it just depends on where you are comin from and if you are smart enough to drive a ford:D

or shoot a Mathews.:D

Thats OK.....if everybody shot Mathews then nobody could blame the bow anymore for their mistakes.....thats how the other bow manufacturers stay in bidness.:eek:

JK......really...where did you shoot and if you love bowtech so much why you lookin around?????:confused:

·
5,631 Posts
Thanks for the reviews, BTH!

Give Ross 2 more years. They already make a GREAT product and they've only been in business for a couple years. We'll be talking about the big 3 but instead of Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech we'll be saying CR331, CR334 and CR337!! :wink4: All joking aside, I can't wait to see what they come out with for '07.

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by Crappie
Mathews Switchback......
What about it?

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Trykon for this guy if I was buying a new one today.

I know a few guys on here love the Ross bows, I picked one up a couple weeks ago and it immediately didn't feel right. Seemed really front heavy, tipping forward badly and was totally bare. Is there a reason for that?

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Originally posted by Big Time Hunter

Ross 334, loved this one, except didn't care for the draw cycle. Kinda harsh in the middle of the draw cycle. Thought it would be smoother.

BTH
Harsh? May be a difference in the two, but my 337 is extreamlly smooth Matt. You'll have to shoot it and see. I actually went to a shoot this afternoon in Sibley and shot a 404 with it the 1st time out:banana: Won the BowHunters class.I am totaly convinced it is the one for me, it's a good shootin bow:D

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To answer the above questions, I was looking around just to look and see what's out there. I have shoot quite a few makes/models of bows, but not all of them. Shot most of them at Hunters Archery USA here in Springfield, very nice people, would recommend them to anyone looking for a new rig. Shot the Elite at Archery Quest also here in Springfield.

Mike,
That's an awesome score, I liked the Ross the best out of all I shot, but did not like how the cam loaded up on the poundage in the middle of the draw cycle. I guess I'm just used to it loading up at the end of the draw cycle. Kinda lilke the BK. If I was gonna buy a new one it would be a Ross without a doubt, but right now I will stick with what I have.

Thanks everyone for there take, and no I did not take the Switchback XT challenge, and I don't plan to.

BTH

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,324 Posts
Originally posted by Big Time Hunter
To answer the above questions, I was looking around just to look and see what's out there. I have shoot quite a few makes/models of bows, but not all of them. Shot most of them at Hunters Archery USA here in Springfield, very nice people, would recommend them to anyone looking for a new rig. Shot the Elite at Archery Quest also here in Springfield.

Mike,
That's an awesome score, I liked the Ross the best out of all I shot, but did not like how the cam loaded up on the poundage in the middle of the draw cycle. I guess I'm just used to it loading up at the end of the draw cycle. Kinda lilke the BK. If I was gonna buy a new one it would be a Ross without a doubt, but right now I will stick with what I have.

Thanks everyone for there take, and no I did not take the Switchback XT challenge, and I don't plan to.

BTH
if you did you would be a mathews guy:cheers:

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,324 Posts
Originally posted by Arrow-1
Where you shootem at???

All good bows....comparin bows is kinda like comparin Chevy Vs. Ford Vs. Dodge.....it just depends on where you are comin from and if you are smart enough to drive a ford:D

or shoot a Mathews.:D

Thats OK.....if everybody shot Mathews then nobody could blame the bow anymore for their mistakes.....thats how the other bow manufacturers stay in bidness.:eek:

JK......really...where did you shoot and if you love bowtech so much why you lookin around?????:confused:
mathews and ford, what else needs to be said:cheers::cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.