Shot buck

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by jwgossage, Oct 31, 2010.

1. jwgossage

jwgossage Member

Crap not great shot

2. jwgossage

jwgossage Member

Arrow was still in him it was high I hope I can find him another 4 pointr just walked by me still in the stand

3. Dirtdog

Dirtdog Active Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Good luck, hope u find him

4. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    Give him ample time to die. Good luck

5. jwgossage

jwgossage Member

Lost blood trail in a overgrown field I feel horrible

6. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    get on the other side of the field and look for blood there. its hard as heck to trail a deer through tall grass/weeds.

7. jwgossage

jwgossage Member

This is the worst feeling keep playing it over what I could have done different

8. deputy_d

deputy_d New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Springfield
    [rquote=1872131&tid=130347&author=Jeremy]get on the other side of the field and look for blood there. its hard as heck to trail a deer through tall grass/weeds. [/rquote]

X2

9. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    Give him more time
    if he is dead in 2 hours
    he'll still be dead in 6-8
    don't risk it
    good luck!

10. jwgossage

jwgossage Member

The problem is I dont know where to start looking, after going into the field he could have gone any direction...no sign of blood- walked around all of the edges of the field - nothing- Did see 3 huge bucks while I was searching for my little 4 pointer. This field is huge, overgrown with ceaders and tall grass- I will have to step on the deer to find him- I just checked my bow and its sighted in right, checked my distance where he was and i judged that correctly, i must have just pulled it up when i released. I aimed right behind the shoulder and it ended up just below the spine at a slightly downward angle - I dont know how i could not have missed a lung- but i guess i did- Not sure why the arrow didnt travel through

11. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Probably hit the backstraps. If so he'll just be sore for a while(hopefully)

12. jwgossage

jwgossage Member

I hope so, i hope he pulls through- I just wonder how he will get the arrow out if at all- I guess i should probably tear up my any deer tag- dont want to, but it's probably the thing to do.