Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Former Chicken Man
20,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get to my normal hunting blind in the mud, so I've been hunting by looking out the kitchen window. I spotted a deer out back, so I grabbed the Optima and went to the door. I started easing the door open (creeeeek..click, click), and got it open far enough to step outside. The deer was further away, and I waited for a good broadside shot and then fired. The deer was about 100 yards away when I shot it (and I saw it hit), it ran about 30 yards to the left and then turned and ran about 30 yards straight towards me. It dropped maybe 25 feet from the ditch in the back, and as it ran up and dropped another deer took off running. I'm guessing it was the first one I'd spotted out the window, and the one I shot was actually another one that I hadn't seen. She was going into warp speed the last time I saw her. :hysterical:
I called up the ShawnCat, and he came over with his boys to do the guttin' and draggin' for me. :bowing: After I called him I went back there to see the deer, and it's a nice button buck. I finished doing the tele-check right as Shawn got here, so I could get the tag on it before they started cutting.
After they left, I cleaned and reloaded the rifle so I could get back to window seat. I love hunting over gut piles, because it always seems to pull in the curious deer, and sure enough about 4:00pm a buck came walking towards the gut pile. He stopped short though, and all I could see was his head sticking out from behind a Cedar tree and his legs just under the lower limbs. I didn't want to take a head shot, and at the angle he was I couldn't tell for sure if he had brow times. I wasn't positive he'd meet the antler restrictions (grrr grrrr) so I watched him walk away.

I'll post a few pics.
First is how he fell, with the exit wound facing up,
second is where I stepped past him and took a pic back towards the house (and you can see the brown of the deck where I shot from),
three is ShawnCat and his boys just starting
and the fourth pic is ShawnCat and me. (...and the deer). :wave:

Thanks again for the help Shawn. :2thumbsup:

[file]87016[/file]

[file]87014[/file]

[file]87012[/file]

[file]87010[/file]

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
:eek::

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Shoot!

The way all the duckers talk,Shawncat was an old man!!!

Congrats on the kill Kurt!

Get in your "stand" nice and early in the a.m. and maybe you'll be able to count 4pts on one side this time!
:cheers:

·
Grrrrrrr
30,041 Posts
Gotta love backyard deer. They're fun to watch year round and then when hunting season comes ya can shoot em!!!

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
[rquote=1528857&tid=106556&author=SHEDHEAD]Shoot!

The way all the duckers talk,Shawncat was an old man!!!

Congrats on the kill Kurt!

Get in your "stand" nice and early in the a.m. and maybe you'll be able to count 4pts on one side this time!
:cheers:[/rquote]
oh shawn cat is a old man he just looks young thats all... nice deer kurt for sue love eattin those kind... see i volunteered shawn and he was already there ready to go..

·
blu bogart
22,885 Posts
Just another example of a Ducker trying to help a fellow deer hunting brother.......:whistle:.......:rof2::cheers:
Perfect deer,perfect 100yrd. shot and I'm sure some needy family that Kurt and others help out with every year will be appreciative.Kurt,hat's off to you my friend,you really do alot of good with your kills and post every year looking for deer to help others.God bless you sir.:cheers:

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Kurt, that had to be fun...you travel all over the place to hunt, then shoot one out of your back door...awesome...

Shawncat...hats off to you!!!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.