Shooting Range

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by danceswithbooze, Feb 18, 2006.

1. danceswithbooze

danceswithbooze New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    O\'Fallon
    Does anyone know where the closest shooting range (open to the public) to O'Fallon, MO is? I asked a question similar to this wrt shooting ranges at the Busch reserve with no response.

2. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    i would have to think the busch range would be closer. but if you ever get down south and go to jay henges (off 44) let me know and i'll try to join ya.

3. danceswithbooze

Jul 16, 2005
    O\'Fallon
    Thanks guys. Is the Busch range off of 94?

JimH--I've been to Jay Henges before it is a nice range. Its kind of on the way home from work for me so i'm sure I'll be heading back there. I'll be sure to drop you a line.

4. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    dwb, once the summer months times go into effect, we'll have to meet up on a wed evening if one of my kids don't have baseball on that night.

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I think there is a range called benchrest (not sure about the name) gun club near Wright City. Anyone know of this place?

My uncle goes there and has told me that they have long-range lanes there also.

6. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm a member out there. I can take anyone out there as a guest, but if you want to join, the cost is $200 a year. Click here for more information.

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Looks like a nice place.. didnt realize it was private.

8. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've never shot the 600 yard target, which is the longest, you really need two people to shoot that target along with radios or cell phones to communicate.

I've even seen a guy bring his reloading bench out there with him so that he could test out his loads and find the right combination.

9. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Yes it is. You go down 94, and right before you get to Francis Howell H.S. you'll take a right on J (I think). You'll see it though, not really a way to miss it. If you pass Howell then you've gone too far.
    Just follow that other hwy and go past all the buildings and the main enterance for Busch Wildlife... The range is around 3 miles down the road and will be on the left. You'll see a sign for it. Just follow the gravel road to the range and shoot away! :sniper:

10. danceswithbooze

Jul 16, 2005
    O\'Fallon

Wow looks like a nice range with a LOT of competitive shoots. Might have to think about joining someday.

11. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    We should meet up and go out to Busch! From the main gate at Busch continue on THREE miles, see sign for range, and the range will be on the left side. They have a broadhead range there, patterning range, skeet, trap, tree climber poles for your climbers to shimmy up. The rifle range is 100 yards, starts at 7 yards and has I believe a8 stations. No double taps however, and no holster work either. Pretty much good for sighting in your firearm and just overall everyday practice. Not very practical for CCW but better than sitting at home typing on your lap top. Ooooops, did I say that! Benchrest is a looker though, Venatic, let's go! u2u me for a time! Oh, can you do actual Close Quarter work there? I know it is on the honor system just did not know how busy it gets!
    :wave:

12. danceswithbooze

Jul 16, 2005
    O\'Fallon

Went and drove by there this afternoon...looks like a nice range. Name the time and i can prolly make it. Looks like they close at 4pm though. Just drop me a line I need to pop the cherry on my new M9!