Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted this in my newest catalog I received this week from "The Sportsman's Guide". I think it will work really slick for you guys in wheelchairs. It is called "The Knee Pod" made by Horton Manufacturing Company Inc. As the ad says it has a U-shaped saddle that fits on the thigh. A telescoping rod with locking pin offers height adjustment. The rotating top saddle has foam padding to secure and protect your rifle or crossbows forearm. It's worth a try at only $19.97. Here is the link to The Sportsman's Guide...click here......http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=278058

[file]7745[/file]

·
19,583 Posts
I'm gonna have to give one of those a try!

I've seen 'em advertised before, but I was concerned about leg spasms ~ my luck, I'd have a spasm just as I pulled the trigger.

But ~ you'll never know, until you give it a try...

Thanks for the link, MM. :wave:

·
Former Chicken Man
20,387 Posts
The web site is still under construction, and has very little on it.

http://www.dennydennis.com/index.php

I called and asked the girl who answered the phone, and she said they have them, and to wait while she switches me to someone in that department. The guy who answered said"A what? We don't have anything like that." I told the girl said they do, so he went to look. He came back and said, "No, I don't see nothin' like that".

I suspect he walked past them twice, if he even looked at all. I'll just go in and see for myself the next time we're over there. :banana:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks like a neat product. We're going to Cabelas next weekend so I'll see if they carry them. Anybody know who makes them? I would like to find out if I can put them on my adaptations/hunting page.
Don

·
Registered
42,104 Posts
Originally posted by dchriste
Anybody know who makes them?
The Horton® Knee Pod™ is a versatile rest that pays off huge, on-target! It has a U-shaped saddle that fits on the thigh. A telescoping rod with locking pin offers height adjustment. The rotating top saddle has foam padding to secure and protect the crossbow's forearm. Can also be used with rifles / shotguns. Cord with snap lets you carry it on your belt. Weighs10 ozs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks rebelcj7. I'll give them a call on Monday and make sure it's OK to put them up there.

Mailman, thanks for pointing out this product. I've got one fellow looking for something and this will fit the bill for him perfectly.

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.