Shipping shotguns out of state..

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Rebel2, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    ..alls i gotta do is label as "firearm" on the outside and ship to a ffl holder right?

:cheers:

2. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    [rquote=1287359&tid=90027&author=Rebel]..alls i gotta do is label as "firearm" on the outside and ship to a ffl holder right?

:cheers:[/rquote]

Do NOT I repeat do NOT label it as a firearm. It prolly will not make it.

3. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    [rquote=1287372&tid=90027&author=Son of Mailman][rquote=1287359&tid=90027&author=Rebel]..alls i gotta do is label as "firearm" on the outside and ship to a ffl holder right?

Do NOT I repeat do NOT label it as a firearm. It prolly will not make it.[/rquote]

thats what the PO told me also
    just box it and send it as fragile

4. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1287359&tid=90027&author=Rebel]..alls i gotta do is label as "firearm" on the outside and ship to a ffl holder right?

:cheers:[/rquote] you find a buyer for that nelli?????

5. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1287379&tid=90027&author=Bricky][rquote=1287372&tid=90027&author=Son of Mailman][rquote=1287359&tid=90027&author=Rebel]..alls i gotta do is label as "firearm" on the outside and ship to a ffl holder right?

Do NOT I repeat do NOT label it as a firearm. It prolly will not make it.[/rquote]

thats what the PO told me also
    just box it and send it as fragile[/rquote]

NOT thru the P.O., unless you are an FFL and do loads of paperwork.

I have shipped thru UPS, no, didnt put Firearm on the box.

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    So via ups, not labeled as firearm... but fragile

no buyer "yet" but close ;)

7. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1287429&tid=90027&author=Rebel]So via ups, not labeled as firearm... but fragile

no buyer "yet" but close ;)[/rquote] get that dang thing sold, and buy that extrema, you won't be sorry

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I'd insure it too but they may ask what the nature of the material shipped is on the insurance form.
    Cant remember what that form looks like at UPS.

9. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  10. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I'll post this One More Time.....

This was taken from the ATF questions page.........

(B7) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?[Back]
    A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

11. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  12. Missouri Snows

Missouri Snows New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Missouri
    Rebel just insure the package send it to me vis UPS and I'll make sure it gets there :roll2::shrug: some day

13. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1287551&tid=90027&author=Missouri Snows]Rebel just insure the package send it to me vis UPS and I'll make sure it gets there :roll2::shrug: some day[/rquote]

youll be my inspector eh :thinking:

14. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    i've shipped a couple long guns in the past year and have had good luck with both ups and the usps. the shotgun i shipped last fall went out on a tue via usps and he shipped his shotgun to my ffl also via usps on tue and we both received them that thurs. beleive it or not i run into more headaches with ups than i do usps. however i now work close to a ups central hub and have gotten to know th eguy there and i have no issues when i ship ammo or firearms. you CAN NOT ship the firearm through the ups store though. you have to go to the central plant in your area. and as noted, no markings on the outside of the box. in addition to the ffl copy i ship with the gun, is my copy of my drivers license. on both sheets i write the serial # of the firearm and were/who it is going to (ffl name and the guy it is to be transfered to) incase the firearm were to get loose from the package.

15. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    ship it usps, people do it all the time. DO NOT label the box firearm.