Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chiefs FANatic
10,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked the temps for the AM doe slaughter. Balmy 16 degrees!! :eek:

This stuff is ok up til deer season is over but after that I HATE IT!!

Good luck to those goin this morning!!

:cheers::D

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I love it myself. Of course I rarely hunt in it in the morning,,until the first week of december is over,,and then it will be maybe one weekend. After that it is evening hunts catchin em headed for food.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,051 Posts
[rquote=1499490&tid=104629&author=henry] I love it myself. Of course I rarely hunt in it in the morning,,until the first week of december is over,,and then it will be maybe one weekend. After that it is evening hunts catchin em headed for food.

:cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

That's the way I do it too. One of the things trail cammin taught me on my place. They don't move much in the am this time of year, at least not where I hunt.

·
Retired
9,540 Posts
19 here-----I'm getting ready to head out on the lake-------going to be a long day here--------:cheers:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
14 degrees down here along the river this morning. I don't mind it to bad till it hits single digits and the wind blows. Although if I had my way it would be October all year long.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
SHEWW is right!!! I went out this morning and froze my you know what off; the temps coupled w/ the wind was brutal!!! :hysterical: I got to my stand a little to early and was already froze before I could even see through my peep sight - 6:30am-ish. By 8 a.m. my hands felt like they were on fire and stinging like crazy. :eek:

Despite the cold temps it was a pretty good morning; I ended up seeing 6 does and 1 decent 120" 8 pointer. Unfortunately nothing w/in bow range - I'll be out after them again this afternoon (w/ handwarmers in tow). :D

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
i'm thinking i am gonna wait for the snow.need a little break:D but it sounds like the snow may be coming:cheers:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yesterday, it was 16 when I got to the job I`m doing, laying 7 different roofs. We had to wait til 9:00 a.m. for the frost to melt off the roofs, cost me a few bucks, as I geared up a big crew for this job. Headed there this morning, but figured I`d wait to leave until about 9:30. It`s just me and my oldest boy today, and I wouldn`t even work, but looks like that snow is coming.

·
Chiefs FANatic
10,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1499490&tid=104629&author=henry] I love it myself. Of course I rarely hunt in it in the morning,,until the first week of december is over,,and then it will be maybe one weekend. After that it is evening hunts catchin em headed for food.

:cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

Yeah you wiser old guys have learned over the years!! I am gettin there, though. I think the above will be the furture plans. Saw 2 deer gettin settled this am and a buck was on the cam about 10 minutes before I got there.

Snows a comin tomorra shaping up to be a good evening !! Headin back out now!!

Randal see ya at dinner. Ohh and I forgot my wallet!!

:D

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
just got back from rabbit hunting it was pretty cold out this morning

·
Registered
580 Posts
This weather is great. Im ready for some snow! Went out to start the truck this morning at 5 and had 16 degrees. I almost just called out of work and headed to the woods. I get off monday morning. Hopefully they will be moving that evening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts