Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the results of some shed hunting from a couple of years ago. All from the same farm.

[file]82458[/file]

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by MizzouLaw]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rquote=1497663&tid=104528&author=doublelunger]I am SOOOOO looking forward to shed season already.

Did you find them all in one day?

That fifth one over on the right looks like a HOG!!![/rquote]

If I remember correctly, I found them all in one weekend. Two years ago I believe. I'm pretty proud of this pic! :D

I'll try and add some more close-ups. This was my first attempt at posting a photo - wasn't sure if we would have success or not.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
never found one, been lookin for years. this thanksgiving i took the boys out for a wabbit hunt and Matt(my oldest and luckiest dern huntin kid i've ever seen) was walkin along the edge of the field, looks down and says...look dad...an antler:mad2: i probably walked that field line 10 times last year and never seen it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cool! Nice sheds, ML! (BTW: I would appreciate it if you guys would save some bucks for shed season for those of us who are apparently not gonna see antlers down until then!:))

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's my shed hunting partner! She's not all that effective in the field, but she never complains about all the walking! :D This picture was actually a "training" session - the woods are about twenty yards from my front door.

[file]82498[/file]

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Your location says North East Mo. and central. where do ya live?

Take some ATL pics this season. Good Sheds!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[rquote=1498193&tid=104528&author=SHEDZILLA]Your location says North East Mo. and central. where do ya live?

Take some ATL pics this season. Good Sheds![/rquote]

What are ATL pics?

I live right outside of Columbia but I'm originally from Pike County. I primarily hunt on farms in Pike that I worked on when I was growing up. Farm boy turned law student...not many of us out there.

I've tried shed hunting on some of the conservation areas around Columbia but I've never had any luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[rquote=1497680&tid=104528&author=Jeremy]never found one, been lookin for years. this thanksgiving i took the boys out for a wabbit hunt and Matt(my oldest and luckiest dern huntin kid i've ever seen) was walkin along the edge of the field, looks down and says...look dad...an antler:mad2: i probably walked that field line 10 times last year and never seen it.[/rquote]

Thats alright - my first shed "find" was in the rear tire on a John Deere 4440... I was mowing some CRP and never saw it. And it was a beast - the main beam broke but I've tried to glue it back together. There's probably a better way to repair antlers, but it seems to have worked. Will take a picture and try and post it.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
MizzouLaw,

An ATL is "As They Lay"...A pic of the antler before you pick it up.Arrowhead hunters call it "Insitu"(i think?).

I'd like to see some more of your collection.Including the beast you ran over!

BTW.Thanks for sharing!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,915 Posts
Now you've done it! You got shedhead all fired up for some shed hunting, except the sheds are still attached.:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[rquote=1498430&tid=104528&author=SHEDHEAD]MizzouLaw,

An ATL is "As They Lay"...A pic of the antler before you pick it up.Arrowhead hunters call it "Insitu"(i think?).

I'd like to see some more of your collection.Including the beast you ran over!

BTW.Thanks for sharing![/rquote]

Ask and you shall receive! This is the one I ran over. You can see the break in the main beam and some discoloration from the tire.

[file]82563[/file]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts