Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone close to Jefferson City sharpen meat grinder plates and blades? S&S sharpening use to do it but they have been out of business for awhile, I have several plates and blades I need to have trued up and sharpened. Anyone know of someone close that does a good job around the Jefferson city area?

We are going to be butchering 6 to 8 hogs sometime in January and I just want to make sure the meat grinder is rip roaring and ready to go!!

Let me know if you know someone that does this

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,050 Posts
Hey Ed, give this guy a call & see if he does it. 660-349-0076 His name is Rick Brown. He's not real far from me. If he sharpens them, you can drop them in the mail to me & I'll take em down & get em back to ya.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the leads guys!! I check into it and go from there!! I hate it when the grinder just don't want to grind and it trys to smash the meat instead, I have 4 or 5 different blade sets so I will get them paired up and sharpened!!!

Thanks
Ed

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
:confused: The plates have to be sharpened sometimes too huh? I didn't know that. Seems like that would be tough for sure.

Thanks for the thread! :cheers:

Parker

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,924 Posts
Sounds like it would be easier to send them out to be done rather then messing them up trying it yourself.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1506958&tid=105079&author=Parker]:confused: The plates have to be sharpened sometimes too huh? I didn't know that. Seems like that would be tough for sure.

Thanks for the thread! :cheers:

Parker[/rquote]

I think they more or less square the surface of the plates!! If you think about it the blade, runs against the plate and the combination of the two is what cuts, kind of like a scissors, so if either edge gets rounded, you've got a dull grinder!!

Not very technical but that is how it was explained to me once!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts