Setting up tent.

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Longbow26, May 25, 2009.

1. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Well a few months ago my father inlaw gave my son a tent to use on his cub scout camping events. We ahd not set it up yet and with his camp out comming next month we figerd this holiday week end be a good time to set it up.

My wifes older sister and her boy freind visited us today for dinner. After dinner my brother inlaw ( if Mo had comenlaw marridge law still. My wifes sister and Rob been living together for 12 years now) Rob treated LittleLongbow26 and I to teh Star Treak movie.

Since my wifes younger sisters are spending the night. Seams they going to be here on a exstended summer stay. ( wont get into that.) They asked if we could set up LIttleLongbow26's tent and tehy sleep in it tonight? So wife and I said ok.

Well let me tell you something. Setting a tent up wiht some one who has never set up a tent in her life makes the task take longer. Setting up a tent with only use of 1 hand is nearly stinken inposible. So I had to have my wifes help. It took us over 40 minuts to put up a 3 person tent and atach the sun shad thing. The directions were horrid.

But teh good news is the tent is up and no tears in it. Nothing broken besides one of the hold pins that was broken out of the packadge. I used one out of the turley blind for now.

So tonight teh 3 person tent will house my 8 year old son my wife her 12 year old sister and 13 year old sister and her 38 year old sister. Glad i am sleeping in the house wiht BabyLongbow26.

Thouhg sleep I wont get since we ahving to leave our sliding door unlocked incase any of them nead to use the bathroom during night or it starts raining. Ill be staying awak in the living room wiht loaded 45am and 12ga and Ar15 to cover the unsecurd point of entry into our house. Only reason i wont be ahving the 357 revolver is wife will have it in the tent with her in her fanny pack with 2 speed loaders.

We dont make exscuses for being prepard. I realize other ppl call it paranoid. If the poop hits the fan we will only have the rest of our lives to get acess to a fire arm and laod it to defend our kids and selfs.

2. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Life is interesting at LBs

:claphands:

3. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    make SURE you call, before "stopping by":D

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Note to self, don't show up unexpectedly at Longbow's house.:D

5. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Well they made it threw the night. In the morning it started raining real hard and they came runing into the house. Screaming like a bunch of girls,:rof2: my son lauphing at them as he carried a arm full of sleeping gear ( house blankets and pillow) into the house. Wife ahd called the house befor the wet dash to drydome so I knew what was going on.

MY son said sleeping in the tent was fun and wants to do it again. My wife says you and who? becuase it wont be me with you that ground was really uncomfortable.

They now asleep in reg beds after drying them selfs off. BabyLongbow26 and I are only ones up drying gear out.

6. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    dang that farmiongton must be some rough country:peepwall:

7. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    no trespassers eh?:rof2:

o well, save the ammo for the next fools:wave:

8. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    [rquote=1274430&tid=89215&author=knockemdeadd]no trespassers eh?:rof2:

o well, save the ammo for the next fools:wave:[/rquote]

I pray every day that we never have a situation where we have to defend our kids and house by force of arms. But I live each moment as if the posibility is around the corner. I dont know anything else.

9. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1274451&tid=89215&author=Longbow26][rquote=1274430&tid=89215&author=knockemdeadd]no trespassers eh?:rof2:

o well, save the ammo for the next fools:wave:[/rquote]

I pray every day that we never have a situation where we have to defend our kids and house by force of arms. But I live each moment as if the posibility is around the corner. I dont know anything else.[/rquote]
    You probably sleep better knowing that you are protected.