Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
13,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night after dinner at my B-I-L house, my daughter started up with some heavy gas pains, really heavy. we ended up at the hospital and here is the poor girl went thru...

She had major nausea and terrible abdominal pains...She got a dose of morphine then they went to dilaudid, all night long.. She had some elevated levels of enzymes that point to the pancreas, but was totally restless and could not get comfortable in any position... Around 2 am they took her for a CT scan and found that she had some abdominal deformity from birth... Her intestinal cavity was a mish-mash. somewhat of a pediatric syndrome, but seldom an adult problem, as she is almost 28. I have been with her since last night..

Look up Ladd's Procedure, a pediatric surgical procedure that is done to a small child when the abdomen is not formed correctly in the womb. The surgeon removed about 8-12 inches of large intestine and then reattached the small to the large intestine. He also rearranged the gut and bowel in the standards and guidelines of the procedure...The doc took most of the intestine out of her body cavity and realigned and replaced it...

She will have a painful recovery and I would appreciate your prayers for her.
Thanks
Scott

G

·
scott,,prayers are fo sho on your way for your daughter and your entire family,,,,i hope for the best,,if there is anything i can do ,,,,you let me know

·
Super Moderator
7,792 Posts
:innocent:

·
Registered
14,241 Posts
Prayers from here.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,682 Posts
Man, that's tough stuff right there. You & her are in our thoughts & prayers.:innocent:

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: prayen for her and family

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Prayers from here for the Little One.

oneshot

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
First off, Prayers Sent!

My dad also had very bad pain last week in the mid of the night and he had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital and he had the same type deal with the enzymes in his pancrese (sp). I have never heard of such a thing and now I hear of it two times in one week. Dad's levels went down and he is home and well again. :confused: Strange deal but we are glad he is OK. :innocent:

God Bless and hang in there.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts