Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would get one started been seeing a few deer called a doe into within 15 feet using a distress call. Been shooting the bow now all I need is for sept 15th to get here and the deer to cooperate.

·
Under appreciated
91,781 Posts
Originally posted by Bowhunter4life
I KNOW HOW YA FEEL MAN, come on sept 15
Roger that...
:banana::banana:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my last stand hung yesterday will probaly go back tommorrow and do a little trimming around it. Sure hope they cut the field for hay before the season starts, saw a small deer in it yesterday and all we could see was the head. The acorns are starting to drop around here too the ridge I hung the stand on is covered come on next saturday.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have went out 3 time now the first 2 times all I have seen is alot of squirells.I went out this morning and alittle before 7 had 2 red foxes walk about 5 yards in front of my stand. Then about 10 til 8 had a doe and two little ones come in, when I stood up the ladder stand made a little noise, and of course she heard it and looked right up at me. She finnally went back to feeding but you could tell she was nervous. When she got bedhind some brush I drew back and when she got into a opening I let it fly. I ended up hittng a small limb that I did not see and the arrow went under the doe..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oct 8th
I went out this morning had not seen anything decide to get out and lowered my bow down it could not of been on the ground a minute at the most was getting ready to climb down and I see 2 sets of legs coming towards me. The 1st was a nice 2 12 year old 8 pointer and the second was a scrub 4 pointer. I managed to get my bow pulled back up the 8 pointer saw the bow being raised right as I got it to the stand so I froze and he finally went back to feeding then the 4 pointer blew one time and they both took off.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oct 28th
I went out in the morning had seeing squirrels all morning had 3 or 4 right behind me and all of a sudden I see a hawk come swoopingg in and nails one about 10 feet behind my tree. It pinned it down for a little bit and then the hawk saw me a let it loose and flew off. Then at about 8.45 I heard something behind me I turned and there was a 4 pointer and a small 8 pointer within 15 yards of my stand. Neither one offered a shot.

Oct 29th
Hunted the morning same tree as yesterday got settled in had a flock of turkeys roosted about 50 yards from me and of course they fly down away from me. See about 10 or so goine dow the other side of the ridge. Then about 9 another 10 or 13 turkeys come across the ridge they don't get no closer then about 35 yards I had to try a shot missed and lost the arrow.:frown: Probaly won't get out til next weekend.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went out this morning did not see anything. Got my last stand hung for rifle season now just getting time to sit in it. While showing my uncle where some of the stands where found a fresh scape 30 yrds from one of them so hopefully he will show up while in the stand. Come on saturday I am ready I will get to hunt til about 9:30 then have to get to work and start skinning deer all day.:whinging:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nov 11th

Got in my stand around 6:00 am saw my first deer around 6.45 a good size doe. She came within about 35yrds of my stand and clicked the safety off and I think she heard it and was looking towards me put the crosshairs right below head on the neck ended up hitting her in the head. One deer down one to go. I had a small 8 pointer with one side broke off come in the same trail the doe took, let it walk but i think it got shot further on down the ridge a few minutes later.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nov 12th

Didn't see much this morning had a small 4 pointer come about 30yrds from stand. Then I jumped another deer on the way out of the woods but could tell what it was. I didn't get to hunt much during the week. My dad got a button buck on tuesday and the landowers boy killed a doe tuesday evening he hunted a total of 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nov 18th

Finnally got a day off seen a few does in the morning that I could of shot but am still waitng for a buck. My uncle got a nice doe this morning. Did not see anything in the evening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.