Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well hunted the first 2 days right after a good rain storm on mon, I heard 3 gobbles. I saw and had 2 arkansians and 1 tenn. guys run over me and i walked into a walk in area only and that was about it hunted till 12 then kinda scouted the rest of the afternnon. Tues. still raining i heard 4 gobbles not gobblers gobbles and then all was quiet except for the out of staters saw plenty of them they drove the mile my son and i walked to hunt on top of us. Hunted fri in a differant area had 7 gobblers sound off but stayed with the 2 closest to us would not commit.sat heard one and did not hunt sun. Then hunt this past sat had two gobble on the roost and set up on them but they wanted her to come to them no matter how we moved they would not come. sun morning rained sat night they did not gobble on the roost but managed to get one to answer at 6 45 had brother and son with me they would gobble must have gobbled 40 times but had hens real close to us but they would even go to them wanted them to come there. so on mon heard one on the roost but after that all was quiet couldnt even buy a gobble am proud to hear some of you had good season as far as the kill is concerned but i had a season that was just as great spent a lot of time with son in the woods know place on earth i would rather be.

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Best hunt I had all season was the day after I killed my second bird. I went out last sunday with a good friend of mine that I hadn't seen in the last few years. Birds talked a little that morning and we couldn't get anything to work, but we had a blast catching up on old times. We only saw 2 birds all morning (1 was a hen about 150 yds away and the other was a tom we kicked out of the roost at 9:15). No bird but still the best hunt of the year. Just proves you don't have to shoot a bird to have a good time on a hunt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.