Season Recap: Short Version:

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by twn417, Jan 29, 2018.

1. twn417

twn417 Senior Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    Moved to Illinois this year but still had one more season to hunt Iowa as a resident and Illinois as a non-resident. Moving in August I started hunting in late October with a trip back to Iowa. 4 long days with not much movement and really crappy weather produced few buck sightings and one doe in the freezer.
    Finally on morning November 3rd it busted loose. That afternoon I was able to harvest my first buck of the year, a respectable 10pt. IMG_1203.jpg

That was about it for my rut hunting. December 6th found me behind my house hunting on my own little 20acre slice of heaven in Southern Illinois. A deer we named Big Sixy came in to 15 yards at last light and I was able to put down my 2nd deer of the season.

IMG_1351.jpg

My 7 year old wanted to try get his first deer with a cross-bow. I put up a blind again on our 20 acres and watched and Tryg put an amazing shot on his first deer, a beautiful spike buck.

image1.jpeg

I finished the season by enduring -20+ temps back in Iowa. During the late Muzzle Loader season. On the 3rd night a 4.5 year 8pt came into the field and came close enough for the CVA to touch em.
    image2.jpeg

This is the first season ever that I have been able to harvest 3 mature bucks. I added a few does to that number as well to put some more meat in the freezer.

God is good, thankful to be able to enjoy what He has created. God bless everyone. Thanks for viewing.

TW

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Great season for you and that 6 is amazing

3. jewilliams

jewilliams Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    Congrats on a great season!
    6 point is awesome.

4. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Love the six, heck of a season.

5. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    As always, you don't disappoint.
    Great season man.

twn417 likes this.
  6. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    well done!

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Heck of a season for you! Congrats on your 3 bucks and your son's first buck!

8. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Thats truly an awesome season. I hope next years is even better!

twn417 likes this.
  9. deerdown

deerdown John 3:15

Jul 5, 2009
    Great write-up. Thanks for sharing.
    Every day, God is good!

twn417 likes this.
  10. DCSarchette

DCSarchette Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    Congrats on a dandy season and nice bucks. That six is a taod and your son'e spike is the real trophy.