Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have they released the dates of the 06 seasons yet?

·
5,632 Posts
I don't think they'll do that till July. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
11-11-06 for rifle season opener, season closing to be announced and bow season not listed per the April edition of the MO conservationist.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thayer, are you SURE about that???? I'm trying to start planning my trip next yeat. Thanks bud.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
The closing will fall around the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Bow season should open on Sept 15th. Unless lots of problems happened last year with the early opener....I would like to see a muzzleloader doe season in late Sept or early Oct. That would get them bucks up and moving and looking for those does come rifle season.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,366 Posts
There's a simple formula for determining the opening date of the firearms deer season.

It's the first Saturday following the 15th of November unless that week falls into Thanksgiving. Then it's the Saturday before that.

Using that formula, the first Saturday following the 15th is the 18th, but, that week falls into Thanksgiving. So it is moved back to the 11th.

Simple!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alrighty guys, THANKS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.