Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a scrape last night with broken branches above it. Also the tennis ball size cedar tree was torn to pieces. Anyone else finding many scrapes? It was fresh because it rained yesterday morning and it was torn into after the rain.
Got my blood flowing for sure.:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I haven't found any sign yet, and I have been out the last couple days, I relocated my trail cams yesterday that deer travel in late fall, I'm hoping this coool weather will change there patterns a little bit within the next few weeks. You guys definetly got me wound up now!:cheers:

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Territorial scrapes not breeding scrapes. Velvet is drying up and being rubbed off and bucks are breaking up from bachelor groups.

·
Banned
11,295 Posts
yeah deer will make territorial scrapes all year long. And for the rubs you are seeing so early, those are probally rubs from rubbing off velvet. Its gettin close though, those bucks will start makin breeding rubs and scrapes

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
watched a pretty good nine last night running a line of scrapes.no doubt he was lookin for somthin.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think were defintely heading into the pre rut. We passed the full moon for Oct. Cooler temps are, daylight hours are decreasing. Were over the hump. I suspect there will be many more reports coming in like these.

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,906 Posts
I made an attempt at a mock scrape this past sunday morning, we will see what comes of it.

I have also seen some rubs, most likely they are of the velvet removing variety. I am ready for the leaves to fall so I can see through them woods.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.