Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Scorpyd Nemesis

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  vixenmaster 
#1 ·
I finally took delivery of the new Scorpyd Nemesis 480 crossbow. I preordered and paid for this bow on Jan 5th 2019. $1850.
Camera accessory Cameras & optics Art Wood Landscape

This has neen a long 7 month ride. I came very close to pulling out several times. I heard so many excuses for not making the March delivery initially stated it was crazy. Then on top of the delays they posted several pictures of the bow shooting over 500fps, i suspect a ploy to sell more bows. Now the bow as delivered shoots in the 480fps range with a 370 gr arrow, not an arrow you would hunt with.

The bow itself is very nice the fit and finish is perfect like all Scorpyd products. This model Nemesis has a new cranking devise that allows you to de**** the bow by using the crank. It works much like the drag on a fishing reel.

I installed my scope and rings and then weighed the bow. As much as 20 claims how light crossbows are getting this one weighed 10.8 pounds. Thats without sling, quiver, or arrows. The selling features of this bow are speed, narrow with, slightly over 8" ****ed, and the new crank with de****ing ability.

Im about to go shoot the bow through my chrony and sight it in. Ill add my findings later. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
a new Mathews bow I just looked at weighs 4.7 lbs to that rig you just bought 7.0lb, my guess is the stock, forearm, safety and trigger assembly , or simply put, attaching the rifle portion of the crossbow weighs 2.3lbs, that is pretty darn light an maneuverable. Only chimed in since you mentioned me in you your post.

Nice rig, hope for that price it lasts awhile!

#3 ·
He said it weighed nearly 11 pounds. I wouldnt want to handle an 11 pound weapon of any kind in a tree stand.

#4 ·
the crossbow weighs 7 bare bow, just like the Mathews weighed 4.7 bare, then add what you like. the display piece is pretty sweet as well, reeks of archery :) have fun with it BS660 is an archery guy, just switched over to a crossbow archery guy these days!

i''l bet that sucker rips those bolts threw the air, fast as F!

#5 ·
All I added was the scope. I think 7 pounds is what they say the bow with out the crank might weigh. But even at that the scope and crank dont add 4 pounds. Ill look up what hawke says their scope weighs.

All these companies lie. My mission sub1 xr is a 10 pound bow too.

#7 ·
would you agree that today's crossbows are a considerably lighter than years past? Nothing wrong with being honest now :) JK, but I'm pretty sure we all know that todays crossbows are not nearly as heavy and cumbersome as lead to believe a few seasons ago.

BS660, in your opinion, what is the $1850 sticker providing with this unit, speed, compactness, low weight, is it quieter :), what sets it apart from a moderate price crossbow?

#8 ·
Cant agree to getting lighter i actually think they are remaining the same. There are some plastic models that are a bit lighter but they lack quality.

As to the Nemesis, kind of like a guality product of anything. More high quality parts. Like trigger, titanium hardware, barnsdale limbs, annodizing etc.. this particular bow is touted as the fastest production bow however my last years Scorpyd appears to be as fast but is wider.

Both Tenpoind and Ravens flagship bows are priced higher than the Scorpyd at $2500.

#10 ·
Congrats on yer new Scorpyd, oh man the weight ! I can not handle that anymore. I am sure glad i got the MXB Charge from you, several pounds lighter. Happy as a Lark wid it. I got my 3 in 1 recurve outfit sold. Trying to sell my MXB400 before Sept.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.