Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to run some numbers on my Nov '09 firearms buck kill through the B&C online scoring. Why is there such a difference in the score depending upon which scoresheet you use and how do you know for sure which to use?

I shot a nice 10 point (6x4) and the numbers on the nontypical sheet seemed like they came out a little higher than I thought it would score, so I ran the numbers through the typical scoresheet....16 point difference between the 2 sheets.

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
there are no deductions on the non-typical sheet. You get credit for the total gross score. You can use the non-typical sheet if the buck has at least one non-typical point. However to get into the record book the non-typical score has to be a lot higher than if you score it typical wiht deductions

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by MellerAM]

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Meller. I'm assuming by "nontypical" point you mean at least one extra point on a side, not necessarily placement of the point, correct?

I am not the least bit interested in the record books, mainly just did this for my own information and curiosity. It's my biggest deer to date.

BTW, I'll try to remember to post a picture of antlers tomorrow when I send a copy to Parker for consideration for the Vector poster. The grunter did it's job! :banana-man-yeah:

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by atdalake]

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Meller, you still have side to side deductions on a non-typical rack.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
A nontypical point is one that does not originate in the typical upright fashion from the mainbeam. If your deer is a straight 6x4 and the points are all originating from the mainbeam (in a typical fashion; man this is harder to explain than I thought) then they are all typical points. Just because he has a couple extra points on one side of the rack than the other does not necessarily make the points "non-typical". Drop-tines, splits, points that come off of other points and "stickers" (what I call points an inch or more on or around the bases) are all non-typical points.

Fireman can do a heck of a better job explaining this than I can! But I tried.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
[rquote=1501462&tid=104770&author=PoisonSnake]Meller, you still have side to side deductions on a non-typical rack.[/rquote]

That's true :cheers:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gotcha biobuck....just goes to show you that you can learn something new every day. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
[rquote=1501599&tid=104770&author=Jagermeister]Just add up all your inches plus the spread. It is what it is. :trophy:[/rquote]
Plus one :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
so a pair of split g2s would make a non-typical ??

·
Under appreciated
89,826 Posts
[rquote=1502023&tid=104770&author=Clippers][rquote=1501599&tid=104770&author=Jagermeister]Just add up all your inches plus the spread. It is what it is. :trophy:[/rquote]
Plus one :2thumbsup:[/rquote]
Plus three. :cheers:

Congrats atdalake! I either hadnt heard or missed the thread if you made one.
congrats on your buck man... good going. :claphands:

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
[rquote=1502111&tid=104770&author=Bricky]so a pair of split g2s would make a non-typical ??[/rquote]

It could if you'd like it to, or you could score it as a typical and just take the deductions I believe.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1501448&tid=104770&author=MellerAM]there are no deductions on the non-typical sheet. You get credit for the total gross score. You can use the non-typical sheet if the buck has at least one non-typical point. However to get into the record book the non-typical score has to be a lot higher than if you score it typical wiht deductions

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by MellerAM][/rquote]

Take a good look at a Non Typical scoresheet. The far right column is for the right to left deductions in the typical frame.

Bricky, first you determine which is the G-1 point, then whatever "splits" off of it, is an abnormal point, no matter the scoresheet.:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
ohh, I didnt know that. IMO, unless your going to put it in the books Just go off gross score. It sounds better. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
[rquote=1502487&tid=104770&author=FiremanBrad][rquote=1501448&tid=104770&author=MellerAM]there are no deductions on the non-typical sheet. You get credit for the total gross score. You can use the non-typical sheet if the buck has at least one non-typical point. However to get into the record book the non-typical score has to be a lot higher than if you score it typical wiht deductions

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by MellerAM][/rquote]

Take a good look at a Non Typical scoresheet. The far right column is for the right to left deductions in the typical frame.

Bricky, first you determine which is the G-1 point, then whatever "splits" off of it, is an abnormal point, no matter the scoresheet.:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

the G1 is the main beam right ??
then the first point is the G2 ??
and then the G2 splits
this could be called a non-typical right

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
G 1 is eyeguard. If your buck scores 130 net as a typical but has 10 inches of kickers you can either score it as a 120 net typical or a 140 net montypical

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
G 1 is eyeguard. If your buck scores 130 net as a typical but has 10 inches of kickers you can either score it as a 120 net typical or a 140 net montypical

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts