Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy went out **** hunting last night on a quick drop cause we both had to work this morning and what a hunt it was. Dogs started off slow but soon came alive and split treed on two jumbo sows. Was back at the truck in an hour:D. Will post pics at asap. Any other **** hunters round here????

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
nice. I love good dog work. Yeah their are a few other dog guys on here.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
i dont know if i **** hunt much anymore really but i do kill a few if they get in front of me :cheers:

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
I went with a buddy up in Ralls Co last night and we scored 2 also. We didn't hit anything early. Saw one up in a big ole vine cluster walking out but the dogs never struck so it will be there for the next go around

·
Crossbow supporter
32,066 Posts
Used to go all the time with my grandpa, he hasn't been able to do it for almost 20 years now. I really miss it. I have only gone 2 times in the past 15-20 years. It is a great time. Wish I knew of someone close with dogs, I would love to do it more often.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I picked it up this year with my girlfriend's dad and enjoy it quite a bit. We're going Saturday on a farm down near Branson.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yep, I hunt several nights a week. I haven't been out since Saturday this week. I should have got off my butt last night and gone but I didn't. I have a 14 week old Redbone pup that I am working on. We went last saturday and hunted for about 4 hours and killed 3. They ran early, we left a few for next time.

·
17,674 Posts
Keep after em!:claphands::claphands::woot:

·
11,357 Posts
[rquote=1502768&tid=104835&author=soboco]Yep, I hunt several nights a week. I haven't been out since Saturday this week. I should have got off my butt last night and gone but I didn't. I have a 14 week old Redbone pup that I am working on. We went last saturday and hunted for about 4 hours and killed 3. They ran early, we left a few for next time.[/rquote]

Sounds like the pup is doing well. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
:eek:::kewlpics:I used to **** hunt years ago, loved it, but wasn't able to keep the dogs in shape year round so I got out of it.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I knew I should have gone out last night. The thought never even occured to me til it was too late to go. I've been hearin from some guys that the ***** are runnin later at night. Well they are havin more luck later at night....maybe thats a better way to put it. I've been goin early and haven't had much luck yet.....but then I haven't gone alot yet either. Did get one up a tree the other night but it was on another property so I left him up there to run another night.

Not real excited about this ice we're supposed to get. That'll put the kibosh on my **** huntin. I enjoy huntin in the snow. Ice.....not so much. The 30+ mph wind we're supposed to get doesn't help either

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i thought i would post pics but i guess my camera didnt save em:mad2: Yep we pulled out early and saw 5 ***** in about a 3 mile stretch on the road so they were just startin to move. Glad to see some other hunters in here:eek:: Good luck to everyone hopefully i have pics next time.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Them ***** aren't movin too good yet for some reason. I haven't seen one on the road in forever and I drive to work at 4am. I haven't even seen any dead ones on the road. My guess is they're not havin to travel far to find food since there's still plenty of crops in.

Reitzs I'm up in northeast....bout 20 miles from Hannibal

·
Registered
656 Posts
Checked my game cam this a.m., and had a bunch of ***** on it last night, had only had one the previous 3 days. they were moving last night for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Probably cuz of this storm front comin through that is currently in the area. The animals know somehow. I dunno how they know....but they do. I just hope they stay away from my bumper in the morning

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
you guys have got to get some video of one of them big **** hounds bawling its mouth off at a ****. I want to hear that.

[Edited on 12-9-2009 by Joeyman]

·
11,357 Posts
[rquote=1503628&tid=104835&author=Joeyman]you guys have got to get some video of one of them big **** hounds bawling its mouth off at a ****. I want to hear that.

[Edited on 12-9-2009 by Joeyman][/rquote]

Me too Joeyman:cheers::cheers:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts