Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Rebel, any scope will work.....I shoot a Knight inline, 150 grains of pellet 777, 250 grain Hornady SST, and the "cheap" Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40mm holds up fine, and believe me, that's MAGNUM recoil!!! Kicks harder than the 300 Weatherby mag!!! Heckuva scope for 150 bucks!!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Another thought....those ML scopes, with the ballistic plex, set up for some certain load on the market these days......I sure hope the guys that buy em, have a gun that "likes" that certain load!!!! ML'ers can be finicky, just like a turkey gun!!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Right on man... i figured theyd work but had a few people sayin the recoil was too much for the regular scopes.. but good deal, thanks man :cheers:
Come shoot mine, I'll show ya recoil....this will be the 3rd or 4th year for this setup....when I first shot it, I was usin 300 gr hollow points....they make ya want yo mommy!!!! I backed off to the 250's....lol The Nikon, knock on wood, has held up so far!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
I heard that you can make a heckuva scope for mls with the toilet paper roll and some orange thread
for crosshairs.. I'd try that reb. :peepwall:

Course, be sure to use all the tp off the roll before you do it. :bangin:

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by rat
I heard that you can make a heckuva scope for mls with the toilet paper roll and some orange thread
for crosshairs.. I'd try that reb. :peepwall:

Course, be sure to use all the tp off the roll before you do it. :bangin:
Ive always left the tp on, gives you more padding when you dont get your eye releif set up properly :D

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Well now.. thats why I love this forum..

Always get a new tip! :cheers:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I sure love my optima.. can load her up hot.. and no worries about recoil.. just have hunted with it the last few years w.o a scope and decided to put a scope on it this year
No worries about recoil??? Throw 150 grains of powder and a 300 gr bullet or bigger out of it....and shoot it about a dozen shots...then we'll talk...loll...go ahead, I dare ya!!! If you can take that, my money's on you instead of Rat!!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
my money's on you instead of Rat!!!!

Thats a pretty good policy in any case fireman!!

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by fireman_3311
I sure love my optima.. can load her up hot.. and no worries about recoil.. just have hunted with it the last few years w.o a scope and decided to put a scope on it this year
No worries about recoil??? Throw 150 grains of powder and a 300 gr bullet or bigger out of it....and shoot it about a dozen shots...then we'll talk...loll...go ahead, I dare ya!!! If you can take that, my money's on you instead of Rat!!!!
I dun er already ;) Imma big boy.. i can handle anything ;)

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I just went "cheap" bought a CVA Kadiak Mag and went to Wally and got the Busnel $49.00 ML 3-9 scope with universal mounts. So far So good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.