Scope Problems! ???

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Bux n Dux, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Bux n Dux

Bux n Dux Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Barnhart
    I bought a Browning BAR last year and have not shot it until today. I guess it was bore sighted when the scope was mounted so I shot a few rounds and went to make a few adjustments when...I take the cap off the side adjuster to move the windage a few inches right and the elevation adjustment is on the side of the scope. I look at the scope to see if it was mounted sideways and it was not. The top adjuster is for left to right and the one on the side is up and down. I make an adjustment on the top to get me a few inches right and it shoots a few inches high, then I move the other one and it goes farther left.

I am wondering if the labels on the little adjusters were put on wrong at the Bushnell factory of if anyone else has a scope that is set up this way. The funny thing is that the way it shot after adjusting did not corrispond with the adjustments made. ???

Do I contact Bushnell or what?

2. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    If they both adjust simply adjust them and dont worry....

3. Bux n Dux

Bux n Dux Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Barnhart
    When adjusted the adjustments don't follow what they should. It makes no sense.

4. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Does the adjustment on the side move the point of aim left or right?

5. Sounds like either its on sideways, or the indicators are just glued in the wrong place.

6. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    The correct position of the turrets are the elevation turret is on the top and the windage is on the right side of the scope when looking down the barrel. If you mount it a quarter of a turn to the left on the rifle it will adjust exactly like you describe but one of the turrets will be on the left side and the other will be on top giving your the exact description.

Can you post a pic of the way its mounted on the rifle?

7. Bux n Dux

Bux n Dux Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Barnhart
    Mailman, I agree with you but I have one on top and one on the right looking down the barrel. It looks as if it is mounted correctly.

Maybe the indexes are glued on the wrong sides but why won't it adjust accordingly? I move it right which should be down and then it goes left and when I move it left which should be up it goes up. So it does not explain anything. One way it does what it should and the other does not.

8. Bux n Dux

Bux n Dux Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Barnhart
    First is a side view and then an entire view.

[file]146682[/file]

[file]146688[/file]

9. Bux n Dux

Bux n Dux Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Barnhart
    entire view

[file]146692[/file]

10. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I think I see your problem....it might be the letter B on the scope.

Just kidding...as some might know I'm a Leupold fan but if you could call this number at the Bushnell Repair shop in Lenexa Kansas I bet they could help you out. They were great when I had problems with my Bushnell Trophy Cam a couple of months ago.

Bushnell Customer Service Call: 1-800-423-3537

Good Luck

11. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
  12. Bux n Dux

Bux n Dux Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Barnhart
    Thanks for the help. I will give them a call and see what they say.

13. Monofletch

Monofletch Senior Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Midwest
    Why not just loosen the ring and rotate it 1/4 turn. then L and R will be on the side--U and D on top.

14. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Wait a minute, why not just take out the darn screws and change the adjuster plates?

15. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    [rquote=1885082&tid=131266&author=Big John]Wait a minute, why not just take out the darn screws and change the adjuster plates?
    [/rquote]

I'm thinking that may be what happend in the first place.

16. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    [rquote=1885082&tid=131266&author=Big John]Wait a minute, why not just take out the darn screws and change the adjuster plates?
    [/rquote]

Might give this a test to see if just the cover plate comes off if you back out the two small screws. Might just save a bunch of time and trouble for you.

[file]146787[/file]

17. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    [rquote=1884496&tid=131266&author=Bux n Dux] First is a side view and then an entire view.

[/rquote]

The scope is entirely wrong!

The Up Down adjustments are supposed to be on top of the scope and the left right adjustments are supposed to be on the right side of the scope.

Is this a re-furb? Did you install it wrong?

18. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I stopped by the Bushnell Outlet Store in Lees Summit today and explained to the manager there the problem. He gave me two options.

#1 Call the Repair Center and they can instruct you what to do with the scope.

#2 Ignore the dial face and adjust the turret like you would if it read right. He said it sounded like the printed dials were installed incorrectly. He said not to mess with the small screws that I pointed out. He said that they are adjustments the tech's use when messing with the cross hairs. He said that he recommended #1 but if you can live with the incorrect dials go ahead and sight it in.

19. Bux n Dux

Bux n Dux Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Barnhart
    The scope is not a re-furb. It was installed correctly.

Mailman, When we ignored the index marks and made adjustments as if the dials were switched, one was correct and the other did the opposite adjustment.

20. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    Well, apparently Bushnell has some poor quality control.