Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
my only complaint on the sightron is their somewhat critical eyebox. It's not horrible but it could be more forgiving. the image and tracking of my S2 was excellent. my sightron was an older 6X HBR with fine cross hair.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Yep. Pretty sure its not made in China too. From what i can dig up those were a limited run for 2020. That reticle is not offered in that line of current scopes.

Amazon has the other reticle for a couple bucks less also

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Btw.......... I’d the original poster ever say what they were shooting as far as cartridge and target?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
No and the topic is 5 months old. Good chance he does not need any of this info. Not that it really matters because i enjoy optics topics.

Still waiting on jawesome357 to tell me which Riton scope he owns is made in the USA. They only opened a plant in the US in Oct. 2020 and offer 1 scope from that factory. Its a tactical LPV scope that cost well over $1500. 🤣

You need to check out Riteon optics. Veteran owned and American made. I've got two of em now, and they are outstanding.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
my only complaint on the sightron is their somewhat critical eyebox
My S-TAC seems fine until you get to 16x then the eye box is less forgiving. I tried the same thing with the 4-20x50 and it was better on max magnification. Glass looked slightly better overall actually. If you can sacrifice a little in glass quality but keep very good turrets and durability the S-TAC line seems like it holds its own very well. They have a good history with holding upto heavy recoil well and tracking well for the guys shooting hard kicking ML and smokeless MLs.

I got mine to replace my DB HP mainly because i wanted a 30mm tube and a little more max magnification. Its a pretty large scope but not terribly heavy.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts