Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
He bumped your question to the top of the forum. I've not shot it but, from all I've read, it's near equal to Goex but maybe a hair cleaner. How much does he get for that Schuetzen? Ozark in the sticks or Ozark in the town proper? Whut? ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the clarification! I thought I was on the 10 most wanted banned list again!!:banghead: The guy is in the town of Ozark and if I remember correctly about $17 a pound. He usually stocks Goex but said they blew up again! If you'd like pm me or use my e-mail and I'll get you his phone # he's a pretty good guy. Talked to the feller out at the Old Cabin and as of last week he was going to get some Swiss and RWSs in this week. Need to talk to him as I'm not sure of his delivery and he couldn't quote a price until he'd placed and recieved his order. I was going to go over there but as usual, I gotta do the OT thing this week-end. Got my WAD-510s on order too, so thanks again UC. Got the scope on the Bison and had hoped to get it out with those NE460s but as said earlier, gotta work tommorrow.:mad2: Cya, 1madjack

·
Registered
135 Posts
Shuetzen is made by Wano. It is imported by Shuetzen. It is also re-labeled as Graf's. The 3f is very clean with little dust. It shoots maybe a hair faster than Goex, and is maybe a hair dirtier as far as the fouling goes. It is more accurate than Goex in my guns.
Graf's is cheaper, especially if you order a few cans. Given a choice between Shuetzen and Goex, I would choose Shuetzen, but it would be a close call.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks runner, I was over at Bass Pro in Spfd. and all they had was 1# of the Goex Pinnacle and American Pioneer powders. I've got a buddy who is a gunsmith and may order some that Graf through him. He gets a truck in from them from time to time! I've got plenty of the Goex and was actually looking for the Swiss when I called the gentleman from Ozark. The fact that he had the Wano in stock made me curious as to the quality! Also, if indeed Goex did blow it could be time to look for an alternative. Thanks, 1madjack:banana:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Check Graf\'s for Swiss

If you order 5 pounds, I think the shipping is free, but you still get to pay the hazmat. I have never done mail order on powder. Be careful with 3f Swiss tho! It is not just another powder.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It is pretty good powder. In my barrel it fouled more, but the fouling stayed soft. One of the old timers commented that my gun was bleeding about midway thru the shoot, and he very much approved. Seems there is a red sustance the forms in the fouling and leaves red streaks on the muzzle. It was more consistant and accurate for me, and it produced very good accuracy.
Your welcome 1MadJack!

Bob Williams

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.