Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
I have a VX5HD on my Browning X Bolt but this VX3HD is all anyone needs for normal 0-300 yard deer killing.It has a custom dial on it as well so if you like heavy old school calibers like .358 you can add some dope to it to shoot at 300 yards without having to aim different if you wanted to
Automotive tire Hood Dog breed Carnivore Grey

·
Registered
32,535 Posts
Reactions: ducksNbucks

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I'm not sure but probably worth a phone call.
My experience with warranty on a pair of leupold binoculars was exceptional. They'll probably want you to send it in as they really can't diagnose over the phone. My issue was just lenses scratched over time from abuse. I really didn't expect much, but figured it was worth a shot. Brand new pair of binoculars showed up at my door a couple weeks later. If I remember correctly, they even provided a prepaid shipping label when I sent them in.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
The Viper line is near the bottom for Vortex. I have some Viper binos, they are good economy binos, but they aren't high performance and definitely not good in low light.
Viper is the middle grade for Vortex.Vortex is solid I have some Diamondback Binos from them that I like a lot.Bur for hunting scopes I’m not a fan of their glass until you get to the Razor line of scopes.Hard to beat Leupold in the hunting scope space never used their binos tho.I seen some Meopta binos the other day I would love to get but they was $1200 🥴

·
6,725 Posts
The Viper line is near the bottom for Vortex. I have some Viper binos, they are good economy binos, but they aren't high performance and definitely not good in low light.
[/QUOTE
hmmm. I’d always considered viper 2nd tier to the razors, with diamondbacks and crossfire being the lower end stuff.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,494 Posts
This thread reminds me of advice given to me by an old man once about buying scopes. He said buy a Leupold once, use it til its got some little problem you can’t stand. Then take it off the gun and bounce it off the sidewalk and send it in for lifetime repair. Just reminded me of that image 25 years ago of a scope flipping through the air like a stick. 😂

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
This thread reminds me of advice given to me by an old man once about buying scopes. He said buy a Leupold once, use it til its got some little problem you can’t stand. Then take it off the gun and bounce it off the sidewalk and send it in for lifetime repair. Just reminded me of that image 25 years ago of a scope flipping through the air like a stick. 😂
This is the best advice,throw the 25 year old scope out back of your truck Bob and send it back they liable to send you a VX3 for free lol

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have several old leupolds in vari x ii c. Seem about equal to the rifleman.
I have a couple vortex viper pa scopes and a diamondback tactical. Really like the glass on these.
But lately I have acquired a couple athlon scopes argos btr and midas tac. The glass to me is better than the vortex line as far as clarity and distortion. These are 30mm tunes. Personally if I upgrade any more scopes or acquire another rifle I am gonna stick with Athlons.

·
1,665 Posts
I've got Bushnell (Elite, Engage, Nitro, AR Optics, Banner), Vortex (Crossfire II, Diamondback, Viper Gen 1 and 2, Razor), Leupold (VX2 and 3), Nikon (Monarch and Prostaff), Meopta, Japanese Tasco, Weaver K series, and Crimson Trace.

I'd take the Japanese Tasco over all of them

·
Registered
745 Posts
This is the best advice,throw the 25 year old scope out back of your truck Bob and send it back they liable to send you a VX3 for free lol
Terrible advice... Let me say with experience that they will not replace your scope if you break it. I broke one in half with I accidently dropped my rifle on the garage floor. I sent it in with an honest explanation, they sent a letter back saying it would be $120 to put it back together. I happily paid! This was 20+ years ago...

21 - 40 of 84 Posts