Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not one that usually follows trends, but this year I was after some new camo. I ended up getting the new Scentblocker S3 shirt, pants and hat/facemask. This year may be a fluke, but ive stalked 2 deer one in open pasture and one in the woods to below 15 yds.

I was a fanatic about washing my clothes every night before a hunt, and that has not changed with these clothes.

Maybe its the clothes, maybe dumb luck.

I am super impressed with the pattern on it. Ive had ***** and squirrels dang near within slapping range this year as well.

One BAD thing is that the draw strap on the pants pulled out (stitching) after about 5 hunts. I need to email them about that.

4 out of 5 stars just because of the draw strap on the pants failing.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
What camo pattern is it?:wave:

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad. Mossy oak.

[file]82353[/file]

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rquote=1496780&tid=104477&author=racks-n-beards]just curious as to which way the wind was blowing when the stalks took place? And were the deer MA TOOR?[/rquote]

One deer was an OLD doe. Im guessing 3yrs or better very much downwind. The buck was just the opposite. Young deer, wind in my face. The other older doe I missed was at a longer yardage, but I had a strong wind at my back.

Im not saying it works. It could just be dumb luck.:cheers:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
1cam, check out Rancho Safari and thier ghillie suits. In particular, the Shaggy Longcoat and leggins....You'll really get close!!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Brad! How constricting are they for bowhunting?

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I took my bow, and a pair of scissors to the backyard and did some shooting. Of course, your bow arm, and chest area are going to need some trimming. I also trimmed the front of the hat visor strands up a little as well. I do wear an armguard as well. Deer just don't see you in it!!! I've had a couple of mature does stomp, cuz they see something, and they came closer to investigate, so I kilt em!!!!:wave:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. I just bought thier Outfitter series, jacket and pants both in that same camo pattern. I have got the jacket now but the pants are being delivered as we speak. I'll let you know how they work out. I plan on getting after them a lot during late season.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting. :eek::

I like my bug tamer 3d suit, but actually havent used it yet this year since buying this new camo.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1496797&tid=104477&author=DeereMan]I'm glad you posted this. I just bought thier Outfitter series, jacket and pants both in that same camo pattern. I have got the jacket now but the pants are being delivered as we speak. I'll let you know how they work out. I plan on getting after them a lot during late season.[/rquote]

I like the pants. They have a lot of pockets. Actually they have way more pockets than I need, but that can get good. They have the reinforced ankle cover as well. Very durable except for the draw strap. Unless im just getting overly fat and it exploded. :D

·
Chiefs FANatic
10,799 Posts
[rquote=1496786&tid=104477&author=1FastCam]

Im not saying it works. It could just be dumb luck.:cheers:[/rquote]

:cheers:

Just the details I like to know!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts