Scent ?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by TATER, Nov 4, 2010.

1. TATER

TATER Active Member

Theseare rifle season questions as I am not an arrow flinger.
    Do you all use estrous doe scent during rifle season?
    Do you do a dragline on the way to the stand?
    When rifle hunting where do you set up your scent stations wind and distance wise?
    Any opinions on the Code Blue Estrous Doe?
    Thanks in advance.
    Tater

2. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

No
    I have before with no luck.
    No
    I tried it once and again didn't have any forseeable luck.

Is forseeable even a word?
    Your welcome

3. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    I used the Code Blue the other day when I shot my doe. The big buck I had come in just before light hit every spot I sprayed it before leaving.

4. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Seriously, from what i can definitively tell. I have had nothing but negative effects with my efforts in using scent......

but for some reason, I keep using them.....:shrug:........:stickfight:

5. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Code Blue is supposed to be a one deer scent, I'd think that would be better than the "heinz 57" blends. I don't ever use'em... I play the wind and try to keep my human scent to a minimum.

6. TATER

TATER Active Member

I'm really not sure when rifle hunting that it matters but I'm gonna give it a try anyways..

7. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

[rquote=1880415&tid=130953&author=TATER]I'm really not sure when rifle hunting that it matters but I'm gonna give it a try anyways..[/rquote]
    It never hurts to conduct your own experiments.
    Good luck with it Tate

8. cash50

cash50 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    St. Chuck
    [rquote=1880415&tid=130953&author=TATER]I'm really not sure when rifle hunting that it matters but I'm gonna give it a try anyways..[/rquote]Technically, it doesn't. Deer stop using their sense of smell during firearms season. It's in the Geneva Convention.

9. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Tater morphing into a goater. Sure hope you neck shootem cause your marking skills are for squat.:D:D:D

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I dont use any scents of any kind so I'm no help!

11. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had an old bottle one year and used it on a drag. Had a doe come in later to where I first soaked the drag. She jumped back when she sniffed, then went over there again and sniffed and jumped back again. She left the area, and I opened up the bottle and sniffed it and nearly jumped back out of the stand. That stuff smelled like ammonia.

If you get any, get a fresh bottle.