Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Savage Literally Squeezes More Accuracy Out of Its Rifles With New AccuStock Technology

SUFFIELD, CT -- First there was the AccuTrigger, now there is the Accustock, the next phase in the accuracy revolution from Savage Arms. The AccuStock uses an aluminum spine and 3D Bedding Cradle molded into the stock in such a manner that it becomes an integral part of the composite stock.

The result is a polymer composite stock that possesses many of the same properties of high-end aftermarket stocks, bringing this high level of performance to the production rifle. “When the AccuTrigger came out, it was very disruptive technology. The rest of the industry had to run to play catch-up,†Savage Arms CEO Ron Coburn said. “We expect the AccuStock to have the same effect. We’re proving again that you can have custom rifle quality in a factory gun.â€

The AccuStock facilitates more consistent accuracy in two ways:

Rigidity – With its integral aluminum spine that runs from the action down the length of the forearm, the AccuStock is the most rigid factory polymer stock in the marketplace. No matter how hot the weather or the barrel, the forend stays rock-solid and the barrel remains free-floating.

Three-Dimensional Bedding Pressure – Pillar-bedded and v-block stocks, as good as they are, only apply bedding pressure on one axis, up and down. The AccuStock uses a wedge bolt to push the recoil lug back into the aluminum spine to prevent any movement forward and aft, while the bedding cradle literally squeezes the action from the sides when the action screws are tightened.

“The stock literally squeezes the action from all directions,†Coburn said. “It becomes part of the action, making the whole rifle much stiffer and much more consistent.â€

While the differences in the AccuStock cannot be seen from the outside, AccuStock rifles will be easily identifiable by their new smooth barrel locknut and trigger-guard mounted bolt release.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Sorry to change the thread but Brian your avatar is awesome, Nice "Crow":dancin:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

here it is shown in a clear stock to show you what it looks like

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
nice they are doing something with their tupperware stocks, they were less than desireable.

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
Savage is the outfit to watch, for interesting and innovative ideas, no doubt about it. They've turned the industry inside out for awhile now.

Look at the new Marlin rifle, if it isn't a blatant rip-off, I dunno what you'd call it.;)

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Savage is the most undrerated rifle you can buy. I've never seen one that wasn't a shooter. Great guns and the best bang for the buck to boot.

·
Registered
13,698 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
That is one screaming ugly scatter gun. IMHO. I have never been a fan of pump guns to begin with though., so what do I know about it.

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Savage is #1 in my book

·
just a no body
14,569 Posts
If I was in a situation where I had to buy a new Hi-po rifle I'd look at Savage & most probably would go no further . I ve not seen on yet who accuacy was not impressive. That being said I'm not a big plastic stock fan

·
In Mourning ___ Save the Ninja
4,963 Posts
Whens the new 99 coming out ?

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if i had an extra 400.00 i would have had me one of those stocks by now.

·
just a no body
14,569 Posts
Hogue stocks has pretty much the same option ( full length aluminum bedding block) for 1/2 the price. I have one on my 270..... that overmolding of rubber does make it a little heavy tho ..not many options of models either at least when I got mine several years back but maybe thats changed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts