Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase a muzzleloader and am really impressed with the Savage smokeless gun. I know most of you guys have probably bought and sold more ML's than I will ever have ~ what are your thoughts about the Savage smokless? Does anyone here own one? I have been reading the posts here and it sounds like most members here have the white ML's. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I don't know a lot about them. Other than lots of hoopla when they came out. A friend of mine has one and it shoots fine. From what these guys say and shoot the Whites are unbeatable. I shoot an Encore and it works very fine for me.

·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hunter7x, thanks for the reply. I am also looking at the Encore and Omega Pro Hunter ~ I wish I could use each one for a year then decide which one works best for me, but I doubt the manufacturers would be up for that kinda of trial, smiling.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Home from Hospital

Well am finally getting around after total knee replacement and several complications, slow but sure here is a picture of ther complications don't look if sqeemish. Ive seen some chest cavity wounds on Deer that look better. Well back to the topic I have the Encore as well as the Savage smokeless first of all make sure it is legall in your state. If cleaning is not your thing the Savage. Both are fine guns, the Savage may top out at longer range. You might want to check out Doug's Savag Boards. I have heard some real good feedback on the Pro Hunter Encorer
.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/ourway7/HPIM0729.jpg

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hospital

Not complaining but just got home again from the Hospital, this time nunerous blood clots in my calfs of the lags. They wanted to put in a filter in my chest in the event some of the clots would deciede to head to my Lungs, but after having 3 doctors deciede if this is the route to take they decieded to not do the filter. One can only go by what a Doctor says. The pain from the clots is something else, more an ache than pain. Each day seems to be something else. Well somewhere someone has it worse than me

·
Registered
114 Posts
ourway7,
You definitely have my sympathy with the problems you've had. I've been down a similar road to yours, lower legs take a long time to heal. Hang in there, keep your spirits up, that's the toughest part of recovery. I had one of those Greenfield filters installed, I'm kinda suprised your docs decided against it. It's about a 1 hour procedure, no anestetic involved, other than a local in your leg. Best of luck, keep your legs moving as much as you can, that will help alleviate any clotting. Keep the faith, you're not alone in your struggles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by MO_BowHunter
I am getting ready to purchase a muzzleloader and am really impressed with the Savage smokeless gun. I know most of you guys have probably bought and sold more ML's than I will ever have ~ what are your thoughts about the Savage smokless? Does anyone here own one?
You can believe I think they are fabulous-- we will see how they do in Africa next week.:wink4:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hospital

Well been awhile since I have been here could not log in till yesterday. Well back in the Hospital for the third time Hip infection, boy have I had a time of it. Well did manage to Hunt the Maryland ML'er season first day. Got a big doe, Had to hobble and was lucky, had help with the deer. Pain is still there, but getting somewhat better. Enough complaining. Lou

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I dont know about where you hunt but MN just outlawed smokeless powder during the ML season. I think several other states have as well. I have one and think its kinda ugly, heavy and not well balanced. Plus I hate those primer dealy thingamajobs they say are handy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.