Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after another failed attempt to fill my deer tag I broke out the hounds for some actual fun. Deer hunted from 7 to 10:00 didn't see a thing. Got home about 1:30 from columbia Mo area. Rushed got the leashes all my rabbit hunting gear and booked out the door. Dropped the hounds on the ground about 2:15 and hunted till 4:45 or so. I thought we did pretty good for such a short hunt. Plenty more rabbits and areas to hunt on this CA land. I'm surprised we found this many. I killed 4 of the 5 shown. Even though it was a late afternoon hunt which I have never done before the dogs still did an alright job. It was cloudy the entire day which I think helped out alot. Also felt the cold front coming in the temps droped big time. Sunday was way to cold to hunt so I slept in.

video

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You did very well for a short amount of time. :superman:. I use to hunt rabbits alot till I lost my hunting spots.

·
King of Callaway
42,630 Posts
Congrats on you Sat hunt

And as far as Sunday, you'll never make a waterfowler with that attitude, we hit the lake for gesse on Sunday. Granted you were smarter than we were :scared:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw a ton of geese flying all over saturday. Wish I had a duck stamp.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have another big week planned for rabbit hunting over christmas break.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
multiply that by 4.....and the season isn't over yet

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
You are definitely a rabbit-killing machine!!!!:2thumbsup::claphands::claphands:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts