Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from that part of the state?I've got a good chunk of ground to hunt there through a work acquaintance and was curious about what a realistic size of deer to holdout for or other expectations.Im being told the property has hogs on it as well,which I'm sure hogs and whitetails don't jive too well.Its looking like big forest on the topos but I was curious if there was crops intermixed?

·
Lunch break commander
8,616 Posts
Pretty much zero crops. Having said that, the biggest deer I have ever seen while hunting was near Salem. Rifle season can be a circus on public ground. You won't see huge numbers of deer but in the right spot it is definitely possible to kill a giant

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I don’t have a clue about that area but do hunt an area with both hogs and deer. Don’t worry to much about the hogs running deer off. Deer don’t seem to stay within eyesight of a hog but they don’t leave the whole area if ones around. Many times I’ve seen deer and hogs go by within minutes of each other. I hunt an area that is being trapped for hogs and have no trouble seeing deer. Good luck this fall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts