Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone, anyone? Who wants to go get some of these speed racers?
:pop:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fulton, your just down the road sir!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I will be going out here near the house. My muzzleloader 12 belching clouds of smoke and then the reloading movement might annoy some folks on opening day. I will be hitting some public areas a few days later. I have never hunted them with anyone else, so I don't know the do's and don't on the public areas yet. Hopefully by the end of this season that will have changed!

·
Registered
135 Posts
So, you have looked over the area. Do yu hunt right on the food plots or do you spead out away from them? If there are guys all over, how do you retrieve your birds without messing up others? I am a complete eginner at this! Thanks in advance for any help given

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
I dont know for sure runner, but i would assume that they hunt right on the edges of the field / food plots... And to retrieve your birds, ya gotta run fast, duck for cover and hope those right beside you will hold off on the shootin...
He might sound like a smart:***: but he ain't lying!!!

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
I dont know for sure runner, but i would assume that they hunt right on the edges of the field / food plots... And to retrieve your birds, ya gotta run fast, duck for cover and hope those right beside you will hold off on the shootin...
He might sound like a smart:***: but he ain't lying!!!
Yep, wasnt lying.. tiz why i left off the :D

:D or other smilies = smart :***:
no :D or other smilies = less smart:***:

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Nicholas.. where are you planning to hunt??

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I checked out some spots in the weldon springs area but I am open to anywhere.

GoGop, we can make something work, do you have a place? Weldon has some spots but depending on when you get there dictate who get what where!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I heard that if you get 3 birds per box of rounds then you are ahead of the game, is that true?
:neuspeuter:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I connected last season with the steel number fives. I just got back in from a range session with the shotgun. Modified choke tube, 70 grains of RS, thick wad, half a cushion wad, 100 measure of 7.5's, and a thin over shot card. At thirty yards I have a 30 inch pattern about 18 inches low. I need to set the jig up again and put a little more bend in the barrel. In practice, if you don't get down on the gun real hard and stay high, it shoots pretty good. Should be ok for the opener and then I will mess with it. That load should be good at 40+ yards on doves or rabbits. It doesn't kick too bad either. \

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Good luck on doves with that dealy.. you really are ol school.

I'll stay with my o/u.:cool:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.