Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone belong to this place? If so, would it be prudent for someone to join that is new to archery hunting? Or, just get your own targets or go to Busch range in the off season?

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Where's it at Nicholas? Is it a join-only deal or do they allow walk-ins?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
web is stlbowhunters.com and was pushed by some guys at Gateway!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,296 Posts
I belong to them. It's $15 a year for membership and $4 to shoot. Non members can come in and shoot also, but it's $7. This is during open shooting times.

There are also bowhunting leagues that you can join the next time they start up.

The range itself is 20 yards and there are 16 lanes to shoot from.

For more information, check out St. Louis Bowhunters

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do they have instruction? I did not see that on their web!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,296 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. They do for kids, but for us adults it can depend on who's up there. There are quite a few up there that will give you advice when they see something you doing wrong and will help you out if you have questions.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,296 Posts
I tried to go up there today after I dropped the wife off at the airport, but no one showed to open the doors. So I ended up going to Koch park in Florissant and shooting at their bales that are left.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems as though for those of us that are free daily there really is not much open. Nights and weekends are very crowded.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by Nicholas
Anyone belong to this place? If so, would it be prudent for someone to join that is new to archery hunting? Or, just get your own targets or go to Busch range in the off season?
u should look into getting your own target ,i have a couple so i can shoot when i want on my terms and dont cost nothing but the price of the target. i shoot in my basement a lot especialy when all the neibors are washin their cars. not to bad but twenty yards gets boring ,and the wife wont hold the apple still :toilet:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do have a deer and yellow jacket set up. Good to 50-6- yards, out back! But even that gets boring...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,296 Posts
Originally posted by ironmaiden
Originally posted by Nicholas
u should look into getting your own target ,i have a couple so i can shoot when i want on my terms and dont cost nothing but the price of the target. i shoot in my basement a lot especialy when all the neibors are washin their cars. not to bad but twenty yards gets boring ,and the wife wont hold the apple still :toilet:
I don't have any room in my basement. I'll go over to the park across the street from me and put up my Block down behind the dam where no one else goes.

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Ok.. everybody meet at venatics this week!! lol

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,296 Posts
Watch out for the fountain. You'll get wet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.