Safety harness ?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Thunderhead, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Thunderhead

Thunderhead Member

May 8, 2009
    Ste. Genevieve
    Buddy of mine wants to know what this loop is for on his safety harness. I figured someone on here could answer the question...

[file]145403[/file]

2. stevezim

stevezim New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    The loop is what wraps around the tree to keep you from falling.

3. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    It's called a linesmans belt. Wrap it around the tree while climbing so you don't fall to the ground.

4. Thunderhead

Thunderhead Member

May 8, 2009
    Ste. Genevieve
    No it has a small loop around the waist belt. The arrow is pointing to the loop in question on the picture.

5. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    some of them come with an additional strap that makes a loop that you can step into to avoid compression/blood pooling from suspension trauma, which can be fatal. Perhaps that's what it's for?

6. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    also to attach a strap to to use as a deer drag.

7. hawgjaws

hawgjaws New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Hillsboro, MO
    some safety systems have that loop there for attaching a "deer drag" too it. My HSS came with an extra piece to attach to the deer and to the HSS so that you have a nice center weight distribution to pull the deer outta the woods with. Keeps from throwing out your back i guess. I kinda prefer the ATV myself....:wave:

8. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    that is on the back isn't it?

9. hawgjaws

hawgjaws New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Hillsboro, MO
    now that i look at the pic again, looks like that loop is on the front though...not sure now:confused:

10. Thunderhead

Thunderhead Member

May 8, 2009
    Ste. Genevieve
    It's on the back. I think the deer drag thing makes sense. This is an Ameristep Harness and i think was made before the fall arrest stuff hit the market.

11. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    Some of the older systems would have a loop like that to put your pants belt through.

12. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    Well, the "you might be a redneck if" line comes to mind now. It is a deer drag point of attachment, I agree, the 4 wheeler is easier.

13. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1875869&tid=130662&author=Thunderhead]No it has a small loop around the waist belt. The arrow is pointing to the loop in question on the picture.[/rquote]

That loop is to tie to the deer to help drag it out.

14. ckbuck

ckbuck New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    [rquote=1876253&tid=130662&author=pinwheel][rquote=1875869&tid=130662&author=Thunderhead]No it has a small loop around the waist belt. The arrow is pointing to the loop in question on the picture.[/rquote]

That loop is to tie to the deer to help drag it out.[/rquote]

Wondered what that was for.