Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

safety harness

859 views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  spm26191 
#1 ·
what type would you recommend and why?

#3 ·
Well.. this year, I'm climbing up and having someone duct tape me to the tree.

naw...
I have the standard 5pt harness that comes with every api stand but I was thinking
about one of those that are integrated into a vest.
I sure hate to get any bulkier than I already am for bowhunting but for rifle season, I might consider one.

I guess I'll be the first to admit this.. I never used them with my climber until bout 2 or 3 yrs ago.. :bangin:

But.. I know I aint the only one.

#5 ·
Maybe try a rope......right around the neck....hehehee

I have a Seat-O-the Pants harness, have had it for prolly 10 years. Worth every penny, saved my son from falling out of a bowstand once! I believe Summit markets these harnesses now.

#17 ·
Originally posted by Pipe
hey rat,when we meet up with your stuff I`ll bring mine,and show ya, it is lighter than the standard style
Pipe.. sorry.. i musta missed this.

Yea.. bring that along. Lets try mid next week.

Still working in the area? The hive has good food and nice scenery eh? :wave:

#19 ·
i dont like any of the dang harnesses, they all are meant to fit some small dude whos 150 pounds soaking wet.

on the 5 points, leg straps are to small, when you stand up they catch on my thigh and dont let me get all the way up. the chest part was made for a 12 year old, i have a 58" chest, when i sit down or move (if i can) i feel like the blood is being cut off to my lower body.

i have yet to find one that works for a big man. and allows good movement.

maybe someday

#20 ·
I was looking very seriously at a Gorilla vest with the harness built in. It was light and very comfortable, but I didn't have the 80 bucks to put down for it at the time. I went with a rope tied to my belt for a long time. Now I use a 5 point harness. Kind of a pain, but I am getting old and brittle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.