Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,132 Posts
It's a shame to see any gun seller stop selling guns, it would seem the people running this company don't seem to possess their company's namesake........ :D

Reactions: thwackaddict

· Registered
70,872 Posts
At one time I did frequent the store in Independence in January just to check the deer stands that were marked down but after this latest idiotic stunt they pulled I haven't set foot in the store even though my nephew works there.

· just a no body
16,275 Posts
At one time I did frequent the store in Independence in January just to check the deer stands that were marked down but after this latest idiotic stunt they pulled I haven't set foot in the store even though my nephew works there.
I dont think they sell those nice F&S stands like we liked anymore anyway.. there Black Friday or pre New Years deals were decent.

I dont see where its a big deal .. they are a soccer, baseball type of store anyway.. Their Field and steam stores still sell guns.. alot of blooey about nothing

75,132 Posts
I don't know why anyone would go there for anything hunting related anyway, except in case of emergency. Their gear is garbage and staff clueless.
I actually like their ladder stands, the deluxe ones with the mesh seats.... You can get the same thing other places, but they would often have these on sale, and my experience with them is they are well made, and very comfortable.... Other than that, I don't think I ever bought much hunting related from them. Did buy a really nice 20ga O/U there about 10 years ago, Sabatti of Italy was making O/U's for Remington called Premiers, they originally were selling for 2K, I picked it up for 1/2 that. Nice guns, I actually liked it better than the Beretta Silver Pigeon I had intended to buy.
Luggage and bags Bag Musical instrument accessory Material property Gun accessory

75,132 Posts
I dont think they sell those nice F&S stands like we liked anymore anyway.. there Black Friday or pre New Years deals were decent.
I bought one about a year ago, didn't realize they stopped selling them, best hunting item they ever carried IMHO.

75,132 Posts
Well I couldn't find them last year when I was in the Market..The big deluxe stands are the best IMO. I hope I am wrong then because I want another...thanks for the word
I am not seeing them online anymore. I will say, I purchased a similar RIver's Edge stand from Cabela's a while back, that is just about the same. Not quite as sturdy, but close. Those deluxe F&S stands are nice and wide very comfortable for a bigger guy.

Reactions: beanpile

75,132 Posts
Check that, it was a big game stand... I sent you a link via 2u2.

· Part-time malcontent
8,464 Posts
Their Field and steam stores still sell guns.. alot of blooey about nothing
I find it rather disingenuous that they have made the huge 'political statement' under the ****'s nameplate while they still have F&S in their company umbrella.

Side note: F&S doesn't sell AR type firearms but have a number of AR-style paintball guns.

15,025 Posts
They usually sell all of their stands out every year, pull them from the website then add them back on when they stock back up on them. At least that is what I have found in the past.

15,025 Posts
Did you know in Jeff City you can shop Sam's ****'s and Menards all on the same street?:scared:
Not sure about Menards but are we not supposed to boycott ****'s and Sam's, wonder how they stay in business.

okay I investigated , we are to boycott Menards too

"
"Wisconsin's richest billionaire, Menard's Inc. CEO John Menard Jr., would also probably get through. The flinty CEO gave Walker $2,000 last year, and is also virulently anti-union. The 71 year-old Menard, who has a net worth of $5.2 billion, reportedly threatens store managers at his home improvement chain with 60 percent pay cuts if a store's employees organized a union. According to Good Jobs First, Menard's isn't opposed to government-funded programs, though, having received taxpayer-funded loans and credits worth $300,000 across the Midwest."

So multiple sources are linking Menards to Walker via a donation that appears to have not been on our initial list. His actions with the WMC is enough to warrant a full on boycott.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.