Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ran a fire through their woods after doing H&S? Just curious what / if any issues they ran into. Getting ready to tackle some TSI, and kicking around the idea of H&S...but, I am planning to run a fire through there next winter / spring.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
You should be fine if you H&S this summer and burn the following late winter/early spring(Jan-March 2023). It would be down the road a couple years following the h&s when you will potentially have to deal with the dead trees that have then dried out enough to catch on fire. Standing dead trees near your fire lines can be a big problem if not dealt with before a burn.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be fine if you H&S this summer and burn the following late winter/early spring(Jan-March 2023). It would be down the road a couple years following the h&s when you will potentially have to deal with the dead trees that have then dried out enough to catch on fire. Standing dead trees near your fire lines can be a big problem if not dealt with before a burn.
The area's where I am thinking of H&S aren't near the fire line...so that is good. I've done traditional felling in these areas as well, so looking to mix up style of TSI.

Yes, looking to burn early 2023 and then schedule to burn these woods again in 2025 or 2026 depending on response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts