rut

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by BUSCHaholic, Nov 7, 2010.

1. BUSCHaholic

BUSCHaholic Guest

so what is the status on rut in northern Missouri any body know?

2. BowHunterKc

BowHunterKc New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    They are chasing big time! Hunted all day yesterday and there were bucks cruising and chasing all day long.

3. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    It's on, like donkey kong.

4. adamwytt

adamwytt New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    JOCOMO
    What rut, haven't seen a thing that even resembles a rut, neithier has anyone that I know, last year was a good action packed rut

5. wildbill

wildbill Senior Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Warrensburg MO
    [rquote=1884306&tid=131259&author=adamwytt]What rut, haven't seen a thing that even resembles a rut, neithier has anyone that I know, last year was a good action packed rut[/rquote]

I hear you, still slow here in jocomo. You at whiteman? looks like it in the backround.

6. jake13

jake13 Member

Dec 7, 2006
    MO
    the rut is on for sure.. my buck stank like heck and his neck was SWOLE!

7. Hannibal Bowhunter

Hannibal Bowhunter Active Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hannibal, MO
    Serious chasing! Started on our farm Saturday and yesterday saw a huge 10 chasing a doe in the middle of a cut corn field (right past my rifle blind i will add).

8. MajorWyss

MajorWyss New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Audrain
    It's on like crazy around here. Lots of evidence of chasing. Last year, didn't see much and just about everything was on lock-down during firearms season. I'm excited about the prospects! :D

9. Busch-Hog

Busch-Hog New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Do you guys think they'll still be chasing in North East Mo this weekend

10. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    [rquote=1885507&tid=131259&author=Busch-Hog]Do you guys think they'll still be chasing in North East Mo this weekend[/rquote] Probably just running for cover!

11. hawgjaws

hawgjaws New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Hillsboro, MO
    Buschy's just bored....that Busch beer finally got to him Friday night and they had to haul his butt to the hospital to get his appendics removed!! THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DRINK TOO MUCH NASTY BEER!!!! :wave:

12. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    i've not seen anything out at my place aside from scrapes mostly going cold.

Versus.com has a rut report, Larry Weishun is hunting @ one of the deer spas and had this to mention regarding the rut:

13. goosekilla

goosekilla Senior Member

Dec 9, 2008
    west of STL
    im tryin to fill a doe tag and the bucks have been movin all day. cruisin and chasin hard core. just had a 3.5 yr old 130 8pt come by.....ITS ON!!!

14. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

[rquote=1884264&tid=131259&author=pinwheel]It's on, like donkey kong.[/rquote]

Yep they are in the chase phase just like every other year at this time. :cheers:

15. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

[rquote=1885502&tid=131259&author=MajorWyss]It's on like crazy around here. Lots of evidence of chasing. Last year, didn't see much and just about everything was on lock-down during firearms season. I'm excited about the prospects! :D[/rquote]

Sorry to tell ya, but I bet they will be on lockdown by the 13th this year. The chase phase is the same time every year from what I can tell. It really shuts down by the 11th for my area. :cheers:

16. BuschCamocan4life

BuschCamocan4life New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    [rquote=1885522&tid=131259&author=hawgjaws]Buschy's just bored....that Busch beer finally got to him Friday night and they had to haul his butt to the hospital to get his appendics removed!! THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DRINK TOO MUCH NASTY BEER!!!! :wave:[/rquote]
    too much nasty beer? from what i remember didn't you used to drink beast :cool3:

17. [rquote=1884242&tid=131259&author=BUSCHaholic]so what is the status on rut in northern Missouri any body know?[/rquote]I haven't seen a deer on the whole farm I hunt they must be chasing tail on the east side of the farm

18. [rquote=1885522&tid=131259&author=hawgjaws]Buschy's just bored....that Busch beer finally got to him Friday night and they had to haul his butt to the hospital to get his appendics removed!! THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DRINK TOO MUCH NASTY BEER!!!! :wave:[/rquote]u just don't know what good beer taste like. U probably drink those fufu drinks because u can't handle a mans drink

19. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Bucks have been chasin for 10 days or so.:cheers:

20. PCslayer

PCslayer New Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Putnam County
    It's a madhouse around here! My buck yesterday smelled awful and his neck was swelled up huge!