Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that found a used (supposedly in pristine condition) ruger #1 in 7mm mag for $550.00 or so..

Anyone have one of these and do you think this is a good deal?

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
That's pretty high for a used Number One. My buddy just bought a new SS/laminated for $650. $450 to $500 is more like it, and I'd be jittery about that. Number Ones are awfully nice rifles, but they can have some issues with the two-piece stocks, sometimes they shoot like a house afire, and sometimes you want to throw them in a burning house. It's a crapshoot with them, but they CAN be made to shoot well, if they don't already do so. I guess it depends on whether or not you like them, I like my friend's just fine, and it shoots really well, too. I just think his is too heavy to tote around too far, but I'm kinda lazy......

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well.. bluebook on this rifle at 98% is $595 for what thats worth..

Thanks for the info. He is dead set on this gun and would have got the encore if they offered a 7mag bbl for it.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
every ruger #1 i've looked at the past 18 months has topped 625.00. i would say the average price i saw was 650.00 and up if it was something special. it certainly looks to be a fair price.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My buddy just bought the same Ruger and two Ithaca Model 37s for 900 from a pawn shop in Boonville. The guy wanted 600 for the rifle and 600 for the matched shotguns. I'd tell your buddy to maybe wait a bit. That Ruger was on the shelf at the pawn shop for six weeks or more. I don't think folks in Cooper County were too interested in the caliber even though the rifle was pretty sweet.

leaker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.