Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to possibly buy a Ruger Mark I, II, or III. I am wanting one with the pencil barrel. It doesn't matter if it is the 4" or 6". I seen that Bass Pro has the Mark III for $270 I think. It doesn't have to be new. Just wondered if anyone on here has one they may be thinking of getting rid of.
:pop::pop:

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Every trapper I know carries a Single Six or similar single action .22.
I have known three that started off carrying Ruger Marks and switched. They say the single action works out better for them because they are easier to carry and not as susceptible to jamming, etc. if they get dirty (or full of mud, snow).

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks HT, I think I am still wanting a Mark I, II, or III right now. I guess I can see your point on the single six and wouldn't be opposed to one for the right price.:cheers:

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Another word of warning, once you get any of the Marks - you WILL want the other two versions!
And you WILL cuss when it comes time to put it back together after cleaning any one of them!

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I trap with a cousin of mine and we have used his Mark to kill MANY ***** and opossums the last 3 years with no problem. I don't doubt what you are saying on the cleaning and reassembling one though.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
D, I have and shoot a MII, MIII 45/22, New and old model SS's and a old Bearcat. I like them all for different reasons. For your purposes it looks to me like the M series would be well suited. Outfitted with a front fiberoptic sight it should be even better at night. Cannot do this to the revolvers as far as I know.

The M's are a little difficult to reassemble but luckily don't require internal cleaning very often.

If you decide to go the revolver route I have a pistol that may fill your needs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts