ruger all weather 300 win mag

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by RznShooter, Nov 3, 2010.

1. RznShooter

RznShooter Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Reeds Spring Mo
    i found a ruger all weather in 300 win mag it has a nikon buckmaster scope and the guy wants 550 for it is this a good deal? i am a remington guy i have never owned a ruger are they good shooting guns? any help on this is appreciated

2. rh44mag

rh44mag Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Independence
    The only ruger rifle I own is a 77/50 muzzle loader. I absolutely love it. The price sounds good, I'd be all over it.

3. Piney

Piney New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    SW MO
    Deccent gun/scope-Decent price! Go for it! :)

4. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Sounds like a fair price to me.

My go to deer rifle is a Ruger, but it is an old one, 1978 model 77. I haven't shot a lot of the newer ones.

5. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    I really like the Ruger All Weather model M77 Mark II's, i don't care for the new Hawkeye mat finish myself. is this in th eolder boatpaddle stock or the plastic ramline type stock?
    if it does not shoot one hole groups but does shoot decent min of deer groups you will probalbly be able to get it to shoot well with just a little tweaking with the action screws torqe and or forearm pressure point. the triggers can be cleaned up realy nice by any competent smith in about a half hour or less if they know what they are doing. the package is well worth the $$ if this is what you're looking for.

6. Moparpwr

Moparpwr Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Albany, Missouri
    I have the ruger m77 mark II all weather. It is an older one with what some people call a skeleton stock in a 7mm Rem Mag. I love it. Last time I went out shooting I had two groups of three shots that I could cover with a dime and those are not my best groups with it. I have had one hole groups with 5 shots. The trigger did need a little work. I ended up putting a timney trigger on it and have no complaints. For that price with a scope you are getting a dang good deal.