Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in southeast missouri , in the fredericktown area .... has anyone been out scouting any and if so have you found any sign of rubbing , i have been out just a little and havent found any rubs yet . they should be starting shouldnt they .... most of them have rubbed alot by start of season .

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I would say around the end of the month you will start to see some rubbing. A few of the bucks I've seen lately look like their velvet is looking pretty tight so it could happen anytime now I guess...

·
Registered
598 Posts
First off welcome to MWT diamondhunter.:wave:
I am in the Fredericktown area also. Glad to see someone else on here from my neck of the woods.:wave:
I always had the bucks figured for trying to rub off the velvet early in September.:cheers:
The closer to the rut, the more serious and harder they rub. Just my .02:cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i thought ... . hey there highgear .... i cant wait till sept 15 ... me and the guys i work with talk about it all day everyday . the outdoor channel and the mens channel are running all bowhunting programs , im just really ready for season to start lol ... nice to see someone from my area also

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
welcome diamond

I hunt not far from you guys just about 45 min utes from the walmart,now tell these guys the deer are getting bigger down south, they dont believe me :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes they are getting there , i wish they would get the 4 point restriction here in this part of the state . i think that would help the size and age of bucks . i killed an 11 pointer last year with a 21 inch spread , it had decent mass but not huge , and i am hunting on field over from where a 30 pointer was killer last year down around patton missouri . i didnt get to see the deer but i did see pics and the thing was huge . that doesnt say all the deer are big but there are a few in this neck of the woods

·
Registered
598 Posts
Originally posted by Fla_Guy
HG and Pipe - the land I hunt is near Ironton, not too far from Fredricktown. Are you anywhere near there?
Yep planning on moving back to the Arcadia Valley area soon.
I plan on doing my hunting in the Madison county area. My brother in law and I lost our land that we hunted this past summer, the owner sold out to a logging company.:mad:
I have had luck in Madison county, no biggy.:roll2:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
I always see the first small rubs of the season around the first of Sept, when we start combining corn....always fun to open up a new field, see what's goin on!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I hunt just north of Farmington, MO. I think the deer population is strong and healthy in these parts. I think the deer, specially the big ones are harder to find because the large amount of thick wooded areas. I looked for scrapes as we traversed the famr Friday while filling my Mouterie feeder and a moving a PVC pipe feeder. Check out these before and after pictures of my feeder.

http://missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=26571

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Those rubs will show up over night. Its not time for them yet. I'd venture to guess where you're at, the first buck (on average, not an isolated extreme case) is going to be coming out of velvet around the 25th-30th of August. Not much before that.

The year and a half bucks make most of those early rubs that cover the woods......is what I've found.

Last year, here in N/C MO, the night of Sept. 4th was the magic night. One buck was out of velvet that afternoon, and on the afternoon of the 5th, they were all out.

Parker

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.