Roundup Time Yet

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by Hannibal, Feb 13, 2017.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Ive already got it on the calendar right next to running with the bulls. :eek::

2. henry

What with rat being a teetotaler and all we wouldn't have put too much strain on the bottle.

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Hey... I can not drink whisky with the best of them!

4. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    I sure wish I could have made it this year as I say that every year. I was up there Saturday getting minnows just a couple days late.

5. henry

That's true. And that's a trait we all admire.

6. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I bet that was ugly, no one around us was having any luck with crappie

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    they need to use the Amrish method of trot linnin for crappie......:D........

8. fl3157

fl3157 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    N.E. Missouri
    Just curious... Did you boys concede this year? :D:wave:

9. henry

You guys should have fished it this week. The lake is in great shape. Still up some but pretty clear.

10. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008

I'm actually happier catfishing when the lake is high and muddy.

11. henry

I have never caught flatheads in stained water as well as I did clear. Rivers or lakes either one.

I think we figured out your problem.:scared:

12. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    Everybody I know are still NOT catching any flatties, even the hand fishing guides and they're a little ticked off the wheat is turning;)

13. henry

You need to get acquainted with some better fisherman. :peepwall:

14. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    I try , except four or five days a year when I fished with the roundup boys:D

You gotta hang with the locals, to get to go to the good fish frys. Of course you have to promise not to ask how the flatties were taken.

15. henry

I bet they don't hand fish em from under the Joanna bridge like they used to. :D

16. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    I hear that's where all the gws hang out:D

it aint like the good old days when gramps would go find a log ,rock or a root wad and he would make you stand on him to so he could stay under a little longer:D

Now a days with so many more flatties running around hand fishing technologies have came a long way . You now invest in equipment that will draw the fish to you.

The way I understand it takes a lot of time, starting in the fall when the local towns are having clean ups. You drive around feverishly looking all around for used bathtubs.

You can buy new but that is more for the really serious guys who live for it some guys have as many as 10 or 12. Anyways I believe you go out and do a preseason scouts when the river is low and then when you have have your spots picked out you take your blinds , I mean bathtubs:D and the ground is froze up and drop them off and wait for the rut to come.

Kinda like deer hunting:D:eek:

17. henry

All that sounds simpler than waiting for archer to catch a keeper flathead. :D

18. BigRackChick21

BigRackChick21 Member

Oct 25, 2006
    St. Charles
    Have you people stopped this gathering??? I still have my hunter orange t-shirt from 2006...

19. BigRackChick21

BigRackChick21 Member

Oct 25, 2006
    St. Charles
    Not if I brought old BRC2000 up, he wouldn't be sleeping...

Crappie likes this.